Chapter 20-We found Will

Soon after the small group made their way out the classroom with tear stained cheeks over El's disappearance. As they made their way through the quiet Hawkins Middle corridors,stepping over soldiers dead bodies no one said a word.

Someone must have heard all the gunshots and commotion happening at the school as soon a group of firefighters found them. They were led to where the firetrucks and ambulances were sat outside the school and each given a blanket round them as their parents were called.

Lucas's parents were the first to arrive to the scene, running over and finding their son. After that Karen and Ted wheeler arrived to see Mike and Oliver sat together side by side. Mrs Wheeler immediately grabbed Mike and pulled him close to her.

She then noticed her eldest child sat there and gasped his name before handing Mike over to her husband and pulled Oliver to her. Oliver couldn't remember the last time he hugged his mother but after the day he'd had he allowed himself to feel like a young child in her arms again. He let himself lay his head on her shoulder and for a moment feel at ease.

The Wheeler family sat with the Henderson siblings before their mother arrived not too longer lately. She saw her children sat together with vacant looks on their faces and cried out for them. She hugged Dustin first for a brief moment then turned to Rosie.

It was almost like deja vu to when she saw her child sat in a ambulance like this after the death of her husband. She let out a sob at the memory then pulled Rosie close to her who held her mother close. Mrs Henderson took one arm away from her to pull Dustin into her as well.

One of the paramedics explained to all the parents how they were all okay except for maybe a bit of shock. None of them mentioned the Demogorgan or Eleven knowing they shouldn't in case Hopper needed them to keep it a secret. And even if they did who would believe them.

A police officer then approached them telling them he had gotten a radio call from Hopper that he wanted them to meet him at the hospital. After getting the all clear from the paramedics looking after them the group got into their parents cars to get driven to the hospital.

When they went to find Hopper he was sat in a private waiting room with none other then Steve and Nancy. Nancy's mother embraced her warmly before Oliver did the same for his sister happy she was safe.

Rosie's eyes wandered over to Steve who's face was bruised all over as the blood started to scab in different places. He looked over to Rosie their eyes meeting for a second before she quickly looked away.

Hopper stood up from his seat to face all the kids together. "I called you here to tell you all we found him"

The group were silent as they stared at Hopper in a mix of shock and disbelief. He could tell their heads were racing so he said it again to confirm it to them "We found Will"

The younger boys cheered and hugged in excitement that their friend was safe. Rosie's hand flew to her mouth as a single tear rolled its way down her face.

She swiped it away quickly before turning to Hopper "Is he alright?"

Hopper looked to the parents knowing he wouldn't be able to speak about the Upside Down in front of them before he looked to the brunette teen that had spoken to him "He's unconscious but stable. Doctors say he should wake up soon"

"So what we just wait here then?" Oliver asked looking at the police chief over Rosie's shoulder.

"We wait" Hopper answered sitting back in the seat he had been in before.

The rest of the group looked around before they all slowly made their way into the chairs that surrounded the room. Lucas sat at the end of the row with Mike in between him and Dustin. Rosie then sat next to her brother and Oliver sat by her side.