Prologue

The darkness rubbed off on Jerry in ways he couldn't explain.

Chills scraped at his spine, cradling his body in its wintery glaze. Jerry allowed his hand pat the wall, trepidation gnawing at his gut as the agitation that brewed within him grew stronger. The unsettling feeling groped him before his fingertips found the cool ceramic light switch.

Jerry pressed down on it, powering the bulb at the centre of the grand ceiling. His eyes adjusted to the sudden lighting, blinking rapidly as he stepped into the room. The fear still encapsulated him, allowing his eyes to roam around every crevice of the room; from the towering cream cupboards to the neon curtained windows that seemed to scratch in the silence that presented a noise of its own.

Jerry heaved a breath, the tightness not leaving his chest. He ventured to his bed, turning back every two steps, trying to dissuade himself from the feeling that a presence lurked not too far away. The pats of the wooden floorboards underneath his feet interrupted the silence, now giving him something concrete to hold on to amidst the eerie atmosphere that had enveloped him. Jerry climbed on the bed, his work clothes still on as his eyes moved over the white ceiling, the aroma of his perfume congesting the air that left him with some semblance of the safety of familiarity.

Jerry allowed another breath to escape his throat as the weariness creased him yet he couldn't seem to shake off the nagging feeling of being watched. Goosebumps sped down his hands, his arms tensed and heart palpitating. Jerry blinked, horrors flitting behind his eyes forcing his dreary lids back open with shortness of breath. Jerry nestled into the pillows.

Suddenly, his eyes began to close of their own accord, the tiredness swallowing him whole.

At least I can sleep now.

Then his eyes fluttered shut and took another breath.

Little did he know that that would be his last.

Chapter Word count: 328
I want to thank God for giving me the Grace to be to write this. Anyway,I am excited for this journey for now but I don't really have a schedule. So, I would try to update as much as I can, I hope you enjoy this as much as I will.