01. The First Time

You were upset-very upset to make it specific enough. You had told your parents that college Mathematics was hard to get through, but they didn't understand you and kept scolding you for the results you've achieved for your mid-term test.

Pissed, you went into your room and locked it as you sat on your bed. You stared at your paper blankly, as you thought to yourself, Why is it so difficult for my parents to understand me? I'm only a point a way from passing. No big deal.

You heaved a sigh when your phone rang. It was your bestfriend, Hani.

"Ya," she said, "Have you told your parents about your results? What did they say?" she continued.

"I have... but I don't wish to talk about it, sorry." you said as you hung your head low in disappointment. "How does lunch sound after school tomorrow?" you asked. "My treat," you offered.
"Well.... I can't possibly say no if you're treating me to lunch," Hani giggled. "I mean, this is like a once in a blue moon kind of thing." she said.

You chuckled. "So? Call it a date tomorrow?"

Hani hummed in response. "Goodnight. See you in school!" she said happily, trying to hide the tiredness in her tone that was already so obvious to you.

Placing your mobile phone at the table next to you, you settled yourself in bed. It's been a long day. So many things had happened within a day, you thought. From facing the fact that a) you screwed up your mid-term tests badly, b) your results being the lowest in a class full of smartass kids, c) your parents getting mad at you for getting results like that, only making you feel so much worse than you were already feeling. You sighed, muttering to yourself, "If only Hani was in the same class as I am......"

THE NEXT DAY IN SCHOOL.....

You were in the hallway, walking towards your classroom when the hallway was filled with the soft mutters of female students, fingers pointing to the direction you were walking towards, eyes glistening at the human being that was walking down the hallway. You looked up, realising that it was a new teacher. You stared at him for awhile, taking note of the way he dressed and of his build that seemed too perfect to believe that he was actually a teacher. He wore a long-sleeved white button down top, paired with a black tie, his staff ID hanged down his body and black colored slacks.

Hot, young, tall, fit and most importantly, nice ass, you thought. Wow. This was a first-for you to actually view a teacher that way.

He walked pass you. The scent of his cologne lingered in the hallway. You took a whiff, closing your eyes as you devour the scent when Hani spotted you.

She pat you on the back as she asked,
"What are you doing?" staring at you with her eyes wide open. "Uh....... nothing, really." you answered, embarrassed that you've been caught. Hani smirked, knowing that there was definitely something fishy going on. "Can't be that you actually found him attractive-"

"No." you answered, then realised that your respond sounded cold and harsh. "I mean," you said as you cleared your throat, "You know I'm definitely not that kind of person..." you answered, still embarrassed, because that statement seemed to be true when you realize that you've never acted this way even when there was an attractive teacher in school.

"I know you aren't," Hani chuckled. "I was just teasing you." she continued.

You didn't realise that you were actually stoning at the spot you were standing at, thinking to yourself how attractive the teacher seemed to you. There was something about him that stayed with you. You could not get his image out of your head.

"Um, hello?" Hani said, knocking your forehead. "How long are we going to stand here? Till snow starts to fall in summer? Aren't we gonna be late for class?" Hani said as she checked her watch. You jumped. "Oh yeah, let's not be late for cl-"

Riiiiiingggg!

Oops, too late. That was the bell, signalling the start of the next lesson of the day. You and Hani looked at each other and cursed in unison.

"Damn it, Y/N. I should've seen this coming." Hani said, panicking. "I shall make a move then. See you at the front gate later." she said as she pat your left shoulder before running off to her classroom. "Ha," you sighed to yourself as you watch Hani running down the hallway. Your next lesson was Mathematics, a lesson you hated so much you'd do anything to avoid it-but sadly a student's life was never easy, you just had to "go with the flow".....

As you approached your class, you noticed that the new teacher from before was in your classroom, smiling as he spoke to your classmates. Attractive piece of human being.

Shit, shit, shit....

You hesitated. You didn't want to just step into class, pretending that you weren't late and you didn't want to give him a bad impression of you.

But heck, it's all happening anyway.

You went towards the front door and entered, then closing the door behind you...only to realise that all eyes were on you. I hate this, you cursed internally before turning around to face the class and the teacher.

"Sorry, you are...?" the teacher said as he took a few steps forward towards you and stopped at a safe distance. You stared at him, looking at how beautiful his face was. He was a head taller than you, his pupils were deep black, his jawline was sharp enough to cut paper and lastly, he had that smell from before. The smell of his comforting cologne.

"Y/FN," you said nervously as he scanned the attendance list, making sure that you had come to the right class. "Sorry. I uh, had something to settle with my teacher, so yeah I guess it's pretty clear that I'm late....." you said, diverting your attention now to your classmates who were staring at you eversince you stepped into class.

"I don't think that's a relevant excuse, Miss Y/LN. See me after class." he said.

You walked towards your chair nervously as you still feel the eyes of your classmates still on you, when the teacher said, "Alright class. Let's continue. Turn to page 26 of your textbook, we'll focus on Activity 2."

As you sat down, you thought to yourself, what is his name? How old is he? What is he doing here in our Mathematics class? So many questions but so little probability of him answering it.

"Class," he said in a loud voice amidst the ringing bell. "Don't forget to complete Activity 6, 8 and 9." he said. "If you find it tough, at least give it a try." he continued, breaking into a small giggle which made you scream internally. "Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!"

One by one, as the students walked out of the classroom, they looked at you in pity because it seemed like you were in deep trouble. Ugh. You reached for your handphone in your bag and typed a message to Hani, saying, "I'll be late, why don't you proceed to the eatery first? I'll see you there."

Just as you hit the 'send' button,

"Wow. I never said you could use your handphone in class?" the teacher said, looking at you with seriousness on his face. You jumped, realising late enough that the classroom was already empty. "Well, uh I had an important message to send and it's over school hours, so......" you trailed off.

"Hm. But that doesn't mean you have every right to do so, Y/LN. Now, care to explain why you were late for my lesson today?" he questioned. "Like I said, I had to settle something." you answered, bothered by the fact that he wasn't taking in an excuse you had made up. You didn't want him to know that you were actually in the hallway fantasizing about him........