02. Caught

"Oh," he paused as he sat by the edge of his desk. "Really? Then I must've seen your clone in the hallway before class began, ya?" he remarked, and that sounded way too sarcastic for someone as dumb as you to even sense it.

You wanted to bury yourself in a deep, deep hole. Your face was flushed red from embarrassment. "...Fine. I just didn't keep track of time, and I was late, okay? Clear enough for you?" you answered as you rolled your eyes.
Persistent, you thought. You've never come across a teacher like him. "You're an honest girl afterall, Y/LN." he said teasingly. "Good." he continued. His words made your heart skip a beat.

"I don't think I introduced myself to you just now. My name is Park Jimin. I'll be taking you for Mathematics this term. You can call me Mr. Park, but if we're outside school grounds, Jimin sounds cool," he said as he arranged the stack of papers on his desk.

"You allow your students to address you casually like that? All of them?" you asked, feeling a tinge of jealousy but you chose to ignore it. "Yeah, is there a problem with that?" he looked up at you questioningly. "Oh, that's cool," you said as you slowly felt disappointment and jealousy rushing into you, knowing that you weren't the only one to be calling him by his first name.

"It was nice getting to know you, Mr. Park. But I have to leave now," you said, grabbing your bag while you thought about how you were going to share this with Hani over lunch as you head towards the door when he grabbed your left wrist. You stopped in your track, then turning around to face him. "Er... Could you please keep this to yourself?" he asked. "I don't like it when false rumors goes around in school. Harmful to both me and you," he chuckled. "Yeah sure, don't worry about that. I'll see you on Monday then." you answered as he let go of your wrist and smiled.

You couldn't control your raging hormones right when you stepped out of the classroom. You kept on grinning to yourself, looking like an idiot to the students who walked passed you-but you didn't care because all that matters now is, you've talked 1-to-1 with the teacher you found attractive!

You stepped into the eatery, feeling as happy as ever. You spotted Hani waiting for you at the corner of the store and went towards her. "Ya," you called. "Order all you want. It's all on me," you said as you sat down. "Why are you late?" Hani asked, full of curiosity. "Did you get punished for being late?" she continued.

"I wouldn't call it a punishment, but the new teacher wanted to see me because he knew that I was making up an excuse just so that he didn't know I was fantasiz-" you stopped, realizing that those words had just slipped out of your mouth. Shoot.

"You what?!" Hani asked, terrified. "Fantasized about him? Woah girl you've got to tell me what's going on....." she eventually found herself grinning. "No," you answered, trying to keep a stern face.
"Please~" Hani pleaded in a cute manner repeatedly and you knew you had to give in when you finally sighed and said, "Fine. I mean, even though he's my teacher, I just find him really attractive, okay."

"Ha! I knew it!" she said as clenching her hands into fists into the air as a sign of accomplishment. But that was all you were going to tell her. You remembered his words, "keep it to yourself".

"Whatever....." you said as you reached for the menu. "Take your pick." you said as you gestured towards the list of food in the menu. "Don't eat too much or you'll become fat," you said jokingly.

"Let's get ddeokbokki for two, ten sticks of odeng and fritters!" Hani mentioned excitedly. You only shook your head at the sight of your overly-excited bestfriend.

The both of you left the eatery, feeling full and satisfied. "Uwah~ That was a hearty lunch! Thanks Y/N, I owe you one soon!" Hani said as she rubbed her filled belly. You grinned. "I'll see you on Monday then! Have a great weekend!" you said as you waved her goodbye, then parted ways, heading towards your own home.

The rest of the day went by as per normal-you doing your usual Friday routine of sleeping when you get home, studying, working out and watching TV. That's how you've spent your Fridays since last year, eversince you entered college.