05 | DEAD

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐮𝐦

"Good morning, Central City," the mayor says.

"A year ago, our world changed. Our city became ground zero for... some pretty weird stuff.

We got a new breed of criminal: men and women who defied not only our laws but physics and reason.

But we got something else too. We got The Flash. Our wounds run deep.

And I know many of you are afraid of what threats tomorrow may bring, but the Flash doesn't just protect us, he restores hope where it was lost.

That's why I'm honored to present the key to the man who saved Central City: The Flash!"

Cheers erupt as the mayor holds up a key. People eagerly await the Flash's appearance, and when he arrives, the crowd cheers, shouting "Flash." Once the excitement settles, the mayor continues,

"The doors to Central City will forever be open for you, Flash," handing Barry the key.

The mayor's speech echoed through the jubilant crowd, and Barry, basking in the Flash day glory, scanned the sea of faces.

Amidst the cheers, his eyes landed on Rae – a surprise guest, it seemed. A small smile played on his lips; her unplanned attendance was a delightful twist.

As the cheers die down, the mayor speaks again. "Look out!" Joe yells suddenly, and something flies through the air. Barry, in a flash (funny), speeds the mayor out of harm's way. A man in a black jacket approaches Barry, disrupting the celebratory atmosphere. Barry tries to react, but he's hit and thrown backward.

Chaos ensues as a concession cart is thrown at the stage, prompting Barry to swiftly evacuate the mayor and Rae from the scene.

How did Rae get into this situation?

So, Rae's day started with this grand plan, you know – a peaceful cup of coffee at FAKE Jitters ( it was actually called Marshalls but Rae thought it was wrong to disrespect to the clothing store with mediocre coffee), the usual. She envisioned herself in this serene bubble of caffeine bliss, maybe catching up on some chill vibes after work.

But, as fate would have it, Central City went all "surprise party" on her.

Imagine this: she's sipping her coffee, minding her business, and suddenly, bam! A stampede of Flash groupies, all decked out in matching red shirts, decided her corner was the place to be. Her tranquil spot became ground zero for a spontaneous Flash day parade.

Now she's stuck in this sea of red, feeling like a fish caught in a tide of overenthusiastic fans. Coffee stains on her red shirt.

(gotta support him somehow)