10 | MOMENTS IN TIME

𝐑𝐚𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Finally, here was Harry Wells from Earth-2, a beacon of hope in the multiverse.

He was completely different from the other Wells she had watched. His development, his demeanor, everything about him was something to look forward to. And when he tragically passed away, Rae's spirits plummeted.

She wasn't the happiest camper in the office back home...

To Rae, Harry Wells was more than just a fictional scientist; he was a role model, someone to look up to and admire.

Rae hoped Harry wouldn't disappoint her in the morning, but she realized she shouldn't expect reality to match her idealizations...

As Cisco and Caitlin entered the Cortex early the next morning, they were immediately greeted by a sight that stopped them in their tracks. There stood Harrison Wells, seemingly as if the events of five months ago had never happened.

Barry had called them earlier, but they hadn't believed him until now. Rae, however, seemed to be studying Wells intently, her gaze unnervingly intense. She stood beside Barry, her arms slightly crossed and her legs crossed at the ankles, a faint grin playing on her lips as she observed Wells.

Rae could practically see the thoughts going through Barry's and Harry's head from their expressions, though her interpretations were quite exaggerated...

To her, Barry's frustration practically radiated from him, manifesting in an internal scream of "Arghhhhh, not this B*TCH again!" His eyes narrowed, his jaw clenched, and Rae could almost sense the thunder storm brewing in his mind.

Meanwhile, Harry's reaction was one of subtle disdain, his lips tightening imperceptibly as he regarded Barry.

In Rae's imagination, his thoughts rang clear: "Oh God... he's the Flash? Guess I ain't seeing Jesse again." She imagined a hint of resignation in his expression, as if he had anticipated yet another complication.

Wells spoke first, his tone as ominous as ever. "Very strange to be holding your autobiography, especially when you didn't write it and it's not about you," he remarked casually, setting down the book he had been holding.

Meanwhile, Rae's stare bore into Wells with such intensity that Harry couldn't help but feel uncomfortable and suspicious. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was something off about her demeanor.

Rae's eyes lit up with excitement as she leaned towards Barry, her voice tinged with a hint of madness. "He's just like I imagined... I can't tell if he's gonna be a problem or just my new source of entertainment," she whispered eagerly, her gaze locked on Harrison Wells with a mix of fascination and anticipation.