Chapter 2: It Begins.

Jason POV:

I don't understand how any of this is possible, I had somehow arrived in a fictional world full of monsters and hunters alike as a massive dragon. 'What am I supposed to do?' I thought to myself as I looked around the clearing, I was currently in. I had immediately recognized it as the starting area of the ancient forest where you begin your first hunts and where your character arrives off their ship with Zorah Magdaros. 

'Guess I should try to start moving cause sitting here isn't going to help me at all.' I thought to myself as I began to try and properly stand on all fours. The standing part was easy but it's the walking bit that's gonna cause me trouble. 'Alright, baby steps' I thought to myself as I slowly begin to try and walk, one leg in front of the other. After about three steps, I stumbled and fell on my side 'God damnit, how hard is it to walk on all fours?!' I yelled in my mind as I began to pick myself up again.

I will admit it took me an embarrassingly long time to learn how to walk as a dragon. It took me two hours to really get the hang of it, running on the other hand is something that can wait for another day. 'I need to find food, I'm starving.' I thought as I began to walk around the clearing, each step slightly shaking the ground due to my large size, which mind you is very disorienting, imagine going from 5' 8" to having your head be 30 feet off the ground.

 (I actually legit don't know, all it says for his size is his length in cm, about 4799.78 cm or 157.47 feet and based on how tall his head is compared to player, which I assume is about average height of about 5' 8" to 5' 10", I just guessed, if anyone knows for sure Lemme know)

as I kept walking around, I heard familiar calls of what I could assume were Aptonoth. While I enjoy hunting, I've never eaten what I've killed raw, but I don't really have a choice here. I made my way towards the calls as quietly as my massive body allowed, and tried to hide my scarlet-colored body in the large trees as I caught sight of a small herd of Aptonoth eating away at shrubs and fallen fruits. My stomach rumbled as I watched their every movement while also wondering how in the hell, they never noticed me, a multi-ton, blood red dragon. 'Just one probably won't be enough, I need to take out a couple.' I thought as I eyed the herd and watched as they became more relaxed over time, the members of the herd that kept watch became less alert.

'Nows my chance.'  I thought as the herd continued to eat, no longer watching their surroundings. I crouched down and tensed my legs, my now robust muscles holding large amounts of pressure, and in one big push, I leapt forward from the brush and directly into the herd, and before they could properly react, I swatted an Aptonoth with a back hand swipe into a tree, an audible crack sounded out as it made contact with the tree. The herd had finally registered what had happened but before they could start running, I grabbed another Aptonoth in my massive, clawed hand and threw it into the same tree as the other and again, a crack reverberated into the air as it fell onto the first Aptonoth, dead.

'Perfect, guess I'll take em back to the clearing.' I thought as I picked up both Aptonoth in my mouth and began to make my way back to the clearing, the sun beginning to set as evening approached. Once I was back in the clearing, I went towards the place within the nearby trees where the first camp within the game would be, currently there was nothing there but an unused tent and old campfire. I set the Aptonoths down as I tried to figure out what the most comfortable way to lay down would be. after about five minutes, I had lain down on my stomach with my front arms...legs? out in front of me while my hind legs were out the sides slightly and my tail wrapped around me. ever seen pictures of lions laying down? like that.

'Alright, guess I should eat them before they start to go bad. god please don't be disgusting.' I prayed as I began to bite a chunk off of an Aptonoth, a quarter of it gone already as I began to chew. 'Not horrible, kind of tastes like unseasoned ground beef. Way better than I expected.' I thought as I continued to eat, my reluctance giving way to my hunger as I began to chow down on the remainder of the first Aptonoth and quickly began on the second.