chapter 3

Flying back as fast as he could, Lloyd tried to cover the panic rising in his chest. He couldn't get scared now. If that happened, then his dragon would disappear. He had no time for that. The blond had no idea what was going on or who that ghost was, but apparently, he held some grudge.

Kai had been right. It was better for him to leave. The ghost wasn't after him and it was probably the only chance he had to warn the others. He hated the thought of leaving his older brother behind, but his choices were limited. Uncle Wu would know what to do. He always knew what to do.

The wind rushed past him, nothing he passed was clear to him. The buildings and landscapes becoming a blur at his speed. Usually, Jay was the fastest of them, but with his mind rushing and the adrenaline working, his pace was rising.

As he landed behind the gates of their new property, Lloyd stumbled over his own feet in panic as he rushed inside.

"Sensei!" he yelled in panic, almost collapsing onto the wooden ground of their shop. Why was breathing so hard?

Footsteps could be heard rushing through the building. Wu appeared from the back, the ninja right behind him.

"Lloyd, what happened. Where is Kai?" Wu asked.

"I-there was-.....I" why was breathing so hard?!

"Lloyd, calm down" Misako stepped forward, wrapping an arm around her son. He clung to her shirt. Whatever happened, it was bad.

"Lloyd please, tell us what happened" Wu tried once again.

The blond took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. He straightened up, holding back the shiver that wanted to run down his back. He forced his panic down.

"At the museum, I followed the night guard into one of the rooms. But something was wrong. At first, I didn't notice, but he was acting strange. And then, he revealed himself to be someone else. A ghost, using the night guards' body" he started to explain.

"Ghosts exist?" Jay asked, both confused, exited, and a bit frightened.

"There are many things that exist that we don't know about yet Jay" Zane said.

"Anyway, that ghost, he said that he was supposed to be the green ninja-"

"He what!?!" the ninja exclaimed in shock.

Lloyd nodded. "Kai stepped in and send me away. It was strange, like he knew what was going on. He had taken water with him, claiming that he knew how to take care of ghosts."

A beat of silence followed. Wu took a deep breath. A ghost claiming to be the green ninja.

"I....had feared for this day to come. Though I never thought it would be like this" he mumbled.

"Sensei, what's going on?" Cole asked.

"That ghost.....was he able to control the wind?"

"Wu?" Misako raised an eyebrow at the old master. What did he know?

"Who is he?" Lloyd dared to ask.

"That ghost was Morro, the master of wind. I never thought I would have to talk about him again. But if Kai knew how to handle a ghost........what is going on here?" the old master asked himself.

"Kai has been acting strange all day. Something else is going on" Cole crossed his arms.

Lloyd hummed in thought. By now he had calmed down greatly. There was no time for him to fall back into a childish behavior. Not right now. Every now and then he would still have this childish panic and sometimes even temper tantrums.