What's Wrong (Keith's P.O.V.)

I finished taking my shower and got dressed. When I was done I headed down to the dining area. I entered and saw that Lance wasn't there. I sigh as I sit down.

Shiro looked at me then at the door. "Keith did Lance not come with you?" Shiro asked confused. I returned the look before saying, "I went to get a shower I thought he would come here." Everyone looked around confused. "Keith can you go see if he is in his room," Allura asked. I give her an annoyed look, "Why me?" "Because you were the last one with him." I sigh and walk out of the room.

I stop at Lance's door and knock. "Lance we can't keep doing this now come to breakfast." I pause and don't hear anything. "Okay I am coming in Lance. I hope you are decent." I still don't hear anyone.

I open the door and my stomach did a flip. Lance is on the floor breathing unevenly. I run over to him. "Lance wake up." That doesn't work, so I slap him across the face.

            "Ahhhhh" he screams and shoots up. "What was that for?" "You didn't answer when I said your name so I did the next thing that came to mind." He looked at me in annoyance, "And that was violence. Actually, honestly at this point I shouldn't be surprised that that was the next thing that came to mind after calling my name, what once." I gave him an exasperated look, "Would you have preferred I left you passed out on the floor rather than help."

Lance looked down at the floor before saying, "No, thank you for helping I probably would have been there for maybe an hour give or take had you not been there." I gave him a look of concern, "Lance what was that? Are you okay?" He didn't look me in the eyes instead he looked across the room. I followed his gaze and saw a medicine bottle. I picked it up and Lance immediately looked scared. He tried to grab it from my hands. "Keith, don't look at that it's personal." I pushed him away and read the label, It said Anti-Depressants. I looked back at Lance and he was glaring at the floor as if it just insulted him. "Lance, w-why do you have this?"

He looked up at me and gave what I can only describe as a broken smile. "Why do you think I have them Keith, because I thought they looked good. No, Keith I am broken and not the happy go lucky guy everyone likes to use as their punching bag." At this point Lance has tears streaming down his face. "Lance, I-I'm sorry I had no idea." "I wonder why Mullet maybe because I didn't want you to know. Everyone that has ever known takes advantage of the fact that I am depressed Keith only Hunk knows and doesn't do that. Every single person that has known that I am depressed has made me hate, no, loathe myself more and more to the point where I am shattered. Hunk has tried to find the pieces that were lost like my trust, my happiness, my ability to love people such as friends, family, and significant others. Keith, I haven't smiled a real smile in years. I don't remember what happiness feels like."

It is taking all my will power not to cry right now, but alas even with years of training to not be vulnerable in front of people it is impossible to apply that now with Lance like this. I go over to him and hug him. "Lance, I am sorry people have hurt you but none of us want to do that to you. It may seem like we get mad especially during training but that isn't us using you as a punching bag it is us making sure you live another day to tell your bad pick up lines. You are the only person who can make a room laugh after dead silence whether it be you accidentally making a fool of yourself, telling a bad pickup line or coming in late and make up an excuse like your beauty sleep. You keep this team together whether we admit that or not."

After that Lance started to calm down, but as I hug him I start to feel how warm his body is. Is he getting sick from a panic attack. "Lance why don't you lay down and I will bring breakfast here when I am done. I will tell Shiro you aren't feeling well." All I got in response was a nod. So, I helped Lance into bed and went to the dining area.