Introduction

"I had to justify why it hurt to prove my pain was valid but it was never good enough in their eyes

"I had to justify why it hurt to prove my pain was valid but it was never good enough in their eyes."
_____

Three traumatic events, two people, one outcome.
____

"As a woman; I had so much empathy. As a daughter; I felt so much anger."

Raising a child is nowhere near easy, but when Heaven grows older alongside her mother, the empathy she feels for her mother slowly turns to anger.
___

The fear of losing my mother resulted in me developing panic attacks. I couldn't take the bus anymore, a car ride seemed terrifying, I had to be near my house at all times. Whenever I had a panic attack, I felt like I couldn't breath, that my guts were trying to empty themselves instantly, I began to sweat and my heart was pounding so hard that it felt like it could explode out of my chest. Not to mention the panic I felt mentally, like I had to distance myself from something or some place otherwise I felt like I could lose control.

"We have had enough, Heaven..." My mother said as her head fell down in her hands. "You need to change, drastically, Heaven. Or you have to move out..."
__

© All rights reserved 2024.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods.