Eight

Amidst the sizzle of grilling meat and the lively chatter of friends, the Korean BBQ restaurant pulsated with an infectious energy. "Cheers!" the group's voices were in harmony as they clinked their beer glasses together. Taehyung and Jeongguk were grinning ear-to-ear as each of their friends who sat around the table, gulped down the beer.

"I didn't think a day would come that we came together to celebrate Taehyung and Jeongguk getting back together" Jin said, making everyone chuckle.

"I didn't have this coming either" Jimin said. "In the past ten years, every time these two came for a hangout, it was chaotic"

"It stressed us out too because you two always fought" Hoseok said.

"Taehyung and Jeongguk were an epic couple back then" Namjoon added.

Taehyung smiled at Jeongguk next to him, their hands entangled under the table. Jeongguk grinned back at him, the smaller man's starry eyes staring back at him in such a pretty way that it made Taehyung's heart skip a beat.

"We're celebrating three weeks today" Jeongguk said, a pretty blush adorned his cheeks.

Taehyung's breath caught in his throat as he watched his boyfriend, a surge of emotion flooding his senses. He had been the happiest in ten years since the day they got back together. It had felt like his life was complete. As if he had found the last missing puzzle piece; Jeongguk.

"I might be forgetting things" Seojoon said, "Don't blame me, it's been a year. This all happened because of that Beckson guy right?"

A few nodded. "Yeah, kind of" Jeongguk said. "But we understood that it was just a misunderstanding and a lot of miscommunication"

"I'm happy for you guys" Yoongi smiled. "You two were meant to be"

"You guys cleared things out?" Jimin asked. "I remember Jeongguk being so petty about the whole situation, though Taehyung was just friends with Beckson"

"Hey, are you saying it's my fault now?" Jeongguk asked, making Jimin grin.

Taehyung wrapped his hand around Jeongguk's shoulder. "We were kids back then and we were both immature. Now we're pushing thirties so we both have grown"

A bunch of 'wow's escalated from the group and Jeonnguk grinned at Taehyung cheekily.

"I haven't seen Jeongguk this happy in a long time"

"Wait... why was Jeongguk jealous of Beckson, again?" Wooshik asked.

"I thought Beckson liked Taehyung" Jeongguk looked at Taehyung. "I was right"

"I kind of had a feeling too but why would it matter? I loved Jeongguk" Taehyung said nonchalantly and their friends nodded in agreement.

"He never asked you out?" Yoongi asked.

Taehyung shrugged. "Does it matter?"

"Oh my god, did he?" Jimin gasped. "Spill"

Taehyung sighed. "Well... yeah. Once, in my first year at university. Why does it even matter?!

"Wow, Jeongguk's jealousy was fair" Yoongi said.

Taehyung smiled, taking another sip of his beer and it was then only he noticed how still and stiff Jeongguk was next to him. He looked at Jeongguk, who also turned his head.

"You didn't tell me he asked you out" Jeongguk whispered quietly.

"What? That was ten years ago" Taehyung whispered. "I turned him down, of course. I never felt more than friendship for him. And I already told you that I knew he liked me in university and had a suspicion he might have liked me in school"