♠︎ TEN ♠︎

"Are you sure this is the right address?" I ask Dom again as we pull into Romans drive way. According to his financial statement, Roman can afford a nice house, even a bachelor pad on the rich part of town. But instead, he's staying in this dump? The hotels on broadway are nicer than this.

The once proud structure now a dilapidated shell. The paint peeled off the walls, revealing the decaying wood beneath. Holes pocked the exterior, offering glimpses of the desolation within. The windows are boarded up and the porch is gone.

"Yeah, I double checked twice." Dom says looking at his phone.

I look at the house again and Polo smacks my arm. "Trap house at its finest." He laughs as he pulls out his gun and runs around to the back.

Champ breaks down the front door and the decaying smell hits us. The air was heavy with the scent of neglect and decay. The stained carpet squelched underfoot, evidence of years of disregard. Shadows scurried along the walls, and the echo of tiny claws on the floorboards betrayed the unwelcome inhabitants. Champ and I exchanged uneasy glances, suddenly aware that their questions might uncover more than they bargained for in this forsaken place.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" I yell, snatching Roman by the collar of his shirt and tossing him down on the floor as he tries to run past me. Cruz and Moore are sitting down on their knees in front of the torn, stained couch while two girls are naked beside them.

"Found two more!" Dom gags as he brings the girls out from a bedroom before back handing one of the them.

"What's wrong with you?" Polo ask and Dom gags again as he shakes his head, pointing to the bedroom. Polo walks down the hall and stares in the room Dom came from. Polo body stiffens as he makes a disgusted face. "You sick motherfuckers!"

Champ looks in the room next before he grabs his gun and shoots both the women in the knees. His silencer blocking the sound of the bullets. "Quit screaming or I'll cut out your fucking tongues!"

The women bite their lips to hold in their screams and the guys watch in horror.

"There's a dead infant on the floor getting eaten by rats!" Dom yells, gagging as he goes outside to the backyard for air.

Rats?

Champ eyes the girls, looking them up and down before his eyes snap to me. He gives me a look and I nod.

"Get me a fucking rat, bitch! Both of you!" Champ yells as he looks at the women. "Not a skinny one either. Fat ones like the ones you let eat your fucking baby!"

As the women do their best to crawl to find rats, I shift my attention to the walls. The dim light exposed the grim reality of the house. Bugs scuttled across the walls and floors, and rats boldly claimed their territory. The stench was overpowering, making my head spin. I struggled to maintain focus.