Chapter 1: Sage of the Six Paths.

Obito had died well, in a sense he had and as the world turned black around him, he expected to be in hell or whatever the afterlife was. But here he was standing in what looked to be his mind, white and the lightest of yellow.
As he turned around he was faced by the sage of the Six Paths in all his glory and power. He seemed at peace but obito knew better than to trust the look of some one.
'Obito, I have a request for you .'
'What?'
'Obito most problems that this world has faced is because of you. I'll be giving you a chance to go back and fix the mess you have created but of course somethings will never be the same.'
'Wait, give me a minute, time travel?'
'Yes decide quickly.'
'Naruto failed?'
'Yes.'
Obito thought for a bit and said-
'If I can solve the mess, and everyone.. I'll go.'
'Good but before I send you there, I have somethings to tell you, all of your powers will go with you except wood style and the rinnegan but you know how to obtain them and to help you along the way I'll be connected to you so if you ever need help or have questions I'll be there. You will also be given the ten tails of your current timeline except half of the eight tails and half of the nine tails. So you will be a jinchuriki.'
'The ten tails personality will reflect your own and be it sooner than later you must befriend it, also I'll help if needed. But I hope that it wouldn't come to that as I hope you succeed in your own.'
With that the world turned black again and for a couple moments things stayed that way.
Obito opened his eyes, they hurt badly but he forced himself to get up. He made his way to the bathroom to look at his eyes, he displayed the mangekyo sharingan, having both of his sharingans felt weird.
He than looked at himself, 7 maybe 8 years old was what obito could deduce from his smaller self. He was still living in his old home, the one he had shared with his grandmother. Before he "died" but that was beyond the point he was trying to get that screwed into his head.
Things needed to change.. they will have to change but First the academy. He should be about 7 years old and it should be his first day on ... Eh.. oh yes tomorrow, wait tomorrow!? Holy crap! He began to go through all his old stuff, well to him this stuff was old but really they were brand new,he dug through the piles of questionable things to see if he could find anything useful on this timeline.
Why did he assume that this world was different from his own? well he guessed it on how the old man talked about it. On that topic.. 'well I could ask for some help ' thought Obito, with that he jumped on to his bed and closed his eyes and drifted off to his mind.
When he opened his eyes he saw the sage.
'obito what is it?'
'Mind explaining about this world?'
'ah of course, in this world your status and or rank in society and as a shinobi is based off how many tailes you process, in this world most people have only one or maybe two, for example you have none so, you're more like a Speck of dust .'
'understandable but how do you gain tailes and what about things like charka and sharingan? Are they not important anymore and why am I in a different timeline and is their a another sage of the Six Paths?'
'the more tailes you have the stronger you are and as to gain tailes, to gain one naturally you must be about six-seven years old. Charka is as important as it was in the previous timeline so is the sharingan. There no other me.'
'Sweet and where is the jū-bi?'
'deeper in side your mine.'
'Do I go now?,
'Yes'
With that obito closed his eyes and drifted deeper into his mind and as soon as he felt the presence of the great charka being jū-bi, he opened his eyes and looked at the tailed beast. It looked at him and sighed. Thats when obito realised that befriending the jū-bi would be easier done than said.

After his encounter with the jū-bi, he opened his eyes and saw that it was well into the night and that he should probably sleep so that he could get things done and the fact that he now had to attend school and study, something he has long left behind and forgotten, and that he had to see the people he had failed, living and breathing. It would be better if he went to sleep and thought about this tomorrow.
The next day was quite eventful as he walked out the uchiha compound, he saw people he had killed with his own hands when he was just 14 years of age and seeing the person who had raised him, his grandmother who he killed too alive and everything else just put extreme guilt on his shoulders and when he was out the compound he remembered that he should probably talk to the jū-bi when he got the chance to, a proper talk not the small chat he had with him, which were just introductions and the promise to help the world together or something along those lines, he didn't really remember.
The sage of the Six Paths was also quite nice considering the sins obito had committed over the years. He walked pass a bunch of people with a single tail wagging behind them some children like himself who had no tails and older children who did have one. He didn't really care until he set foot in th academy where kids with tails looked at him in distain and disgust, not just him too but other kids who did not have a tail. Some of the kids with no tails looked like they were about to cry and ball their eyes out.
He soon spotted a white haired child in the crowd, Kakashi the person he failed the most. He decided to look everywhere but at him as that was the only way obito could think of as to not add even more guilt and to stop it from piling up, of course that didn't work as well as he had hoped but it was good enough for him to enter his class room and take a sit, he had hoped that Kakashi or even rin would sit away from him but fate had other plans for him because Kakashi sat to his left and rin sat infront of kakshi causing him to have a small internal panic attack but it was small enough to just affect his heart rate and nothing else. The attack wasn't too big for anyone to notice but Kakashi did seem to sense something was off.
After all when you have one tail and a second one forming, and are considered a genius you too would be able to sense something is off about the uchiwa kid next to you.
Anyways obito had tried to pay attention to what was being taught in class but his mind kept going to the fact that he had been given a second chance and that he could not mess it up at all or this second chance would go to waste. He also kept thinking about why he was chosen to go back to the past? Was the fact that everything was his fault or that he was the one to save Naruto and be redeemed at the very last minute.
Well it didn't matter anymore because obito was going to fix every single problem that he created and make sure no one died unnecessary and maybe even kill that black piece of goo and madara but hey that can wait for now because the main issue now was the fact that he had to attend school, do homework, make sure danzō didn't do anything with ROOT, and make sure he gained a tail and remained just like his past cheerful and energetic self.
Beyond that he didn't really have any other thing to do so maybe he should track down that damn cave that he had to stay in and find himself some hashirama cells because he would most definitely go blind without them, afterall he's to do list was bigger than the list of all people he had killed in his past life time..
But hey that also didn't matter anymore as well! He could worry about that later.

Thats the end of the first chapter of this story. The ship obikaka will probably be a slow burn and other ships will make a apperance and beyond that I will try my hardest to keep this story going. And -

VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OBITO
-10th February

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MINATO
-25th January

THANK YOU
(Words 1,533)