chapter 12: mother son bonding time.

After chasing down Naruto for days she finally caught up with him but then he vanished in a blinding light and white feathers, but every encounter left subtle hints or clues to what he was doing.

The first place she noticed him visit was a jewelry shop with several rings in the display window, the second was a shop that sold clothes for special occasions getting fitted for a suit and tie tuxedo, and lastly was a sweets shop that sold all sorts of dessert from Dango to onigiri and more. Grabbing the sweets and paying for them he left the shop and headed to the Yamanaka flower shop.

He browsed the wide variety of flowers in every section until he settled on blue roses and left the shop after getting a discount from Ino Yamanaka and her father wishing she could have gotten the same thing during her days as a gennin.

Kushina then said to herself.

"Lucky brat. I wonder who the lucky girl is and how they met each other."

Naruto then vanished and little did Kushina know that the date wasn't anywhere in the village it was actually in Wave Country.

Where their first-ever A-ranked mission was and it was down by the bridge that was named after Naruto when he restored the country to its former glory and pride as a sea trade route for ships to dock and unload supplies.

Naruto's title as the god of hope was pre-destined here when he'd slain Gato.

But Kushina didn't know about Wave Country or how to get there which made it perfect for a private date site alone.

Everything was set up and in place.
The mood, the atmosphere, the scenery.
Nothing and nobody could ruin it for them. Not even his nosey mother.

Naruto and Hinata could now enjoy their first date as a couple from any gossip-goers and rumor-mill runners like Ino and Sakura without interpretation or distraction.

Hinata appreciated the gifts Naruto brought and after enjoying dinner and walking around town they came back to the bridge where the sun was about to set.  as it did Naruto pulled out a little box and on one knee said.

"Hinata chan. Will you be my girlfriend???. And in the future, be my wife to marry and be with forever???."

And Hinata said.

"YES NARUTO OF COURSE I WILL YES!!!.
A THOUSAND TIMES OVER YES I WILL!!!. WE MUST TELL YOUR MOTHER!!!. SHE'D BE SO EXCITED!!!."

And Naruto said.

"Yeah umm. Not so sure about that.
Your father might not like the idea.
And my mother's got a bigger mouth than Ino with juicy gossip on the latest news and happenings of the village."

Hinata just laughed knowing it was true.
Ino never could keep secrets unless she got something in return as a favor.

What favor was it she'd asked Naruto for you may be wondering???. Well simply put 2 favors. The first was that she be the maid of honor at their wedding and the second was to let her do the flower arrangements for the wedding as well.

Conditions Naruto was more than happy to have arranged for when the time came for them to get married.

They enjoyed their stay with Tazuna and his family while they were visiting and caught up on current events and other things such as how the business was doing and if he had thoughts of retiring in the future and giving the business to Inari and his mother. Tazuna replied saying.

"As wonderful as the idea sounds Inari is still inexperienced and has much to learn before I hand the business off to him and tsunami to run in my place."