Humor Me

I walked to the Commander's office to talk to him. He was sitting at a large desk with reports scattered across it. I made my presents known.

Com. Milton: "Hello, Brandon..."

Brandon: "Milton."

Com. Milton: "What can I do for you?"

Brandon: "I just needed to talk. About my pack."

Com. Milton: *sigh*"Make it quick I'm busy."

Brandon: "I- no, we need to find them."

Com. Milton: "No."

Brandon: "Why not?"

Com. Milton: "Give me one reason why I should let a pack of murders and freaks in my base."

Brandon: "I'll give you three. One: They're my family. If anything happens to them, it falls back on YOU. And I'm going after you first. Two: they might be unhinged, but they'll listen to me, meaning they won't cause shit. Three: one of them is an engineer, they can make your convoy truck a one man warmachine."

Com. Milton: "If I do this, I can't stop people from trying to hurt them."

Brandon: "They can handle themselves."

Com. Milton: "Alright. Humor me on how you're going to find them?"

Brandon: "I'll need a snowmobile, diesel, and unleaded gas. Think of it as a 'Finders Fee'."

**Charlie POV**

We were driving north, towards Alaska. The others didn't know but I figured I'd tell them later. Pavel was driving our medical truck behind mine while Sal was riding on his trike in front of us.

I saw Sal smack his handlebars and argued with Olivia. It might be fine. He then blared his horn, signeling us to stop. It wasn't fine. He got off his trike and stormed up to me as he opened my truck door

Sal: "What are we doing?"

Charlie: "What do-"

Sal: "Don't pull that shit! We've been driving aimlessly for five hours, I have less then a quarter of a tank of gas left, and were low on everything!"

Pavel: "He is right. I have near empty tank in ambulance. We also have no medical supplies left in back. And very little food."

Matt: "Not to mention it's almost winter again."

Sal: "I repeat. What are we doing?"

I didn't know. I wasn't a leader. I got out of my truck and as I was about tell them, Olivia's ears perked up and she turned her head.

Charlie: "You hear something?"

Olivia: "Yeah. South. And closing in fast."

She pulled out her Binoculars and followed somthing.

Olivia: "I'll be damned."

Sal: "What is it?"

Olivia: "Brandon fucking Grim."

Sally: "He's alive?"