Chapter 25

The pixie huffed in frustration as Lumine ignored her completely, kicking her foot in the air with a roll of her eyes before she flew over to the neglected ex-Archon. "The nerve of her!" Paimon complained, "Paimon can't believe she'd ignore Paimon like that!"

Zhongli's eyes closed as he elicited a soft hum, nodding along to the words mindlessly. "But, surely, you understand why?"

"Ugh, Paimon guesses so... Paimon's never seen her so talkative before. Usually someone has to speak to her for any response. Paimon gets it's the Creator but..."

"If it's any condolence, the Creator has spoken to the Traveler more than they did with me." He revealed softly, turning his gaze towards the pouting companion. "It's a good thing, no? The Traveler and Creator are both comfortable with one enough to talk so freely, even with a possible language barrier."

"Ugh... She did say something about understanding the Creator easier compared to anyone else... Paimon doubts it's the same with them though."

"You saw their appearance during the meeting. I'd be hesitant towards anyone myself in their shoes, who knows what they experienced. Considering you two seem to be on good terms with them, I assume no blades were struck on either side."

"... People were harming the Creator...?" Paimon faltered slightly, frowning in response to the news as guilt floods her system. But, before she could say anything about her displeasure of hearing the news, Lumine lowered down the steps towards the two as a sign of the duo's exit.

◇◆◇◆

With a soft sigh, [Name] pushed the doors open as Ganyu followed behind them politely, allowing Zhongli inside as well considering she knew of his official origins. However, the ex-Archon merely stood by the entrance, respecting the Qixing and their regulations as he crossed his arms over his chest: silently explaining he won't be moving from the spot. Ganyu's light orchard irises swept across the room, blinking away any sense of fatigue as she stood by the Creator's side. [Name], however, just observed the interior of the building silently. It held the same vibe as the Jade Chamber, sticking with the browns and beiges (and the sparkling clean tiles) to keep a professional air in the workplace. It was actually quite intimidating up close.

But their nosey behaviour was forcefully stopped as heels echoed across the room, bouncing off of the interior as the three glanced over. Unfortunately, there was no gold, nor blue, of any of Ningguang's outfits, just a mere employee that attended to her every command. The secretary stood tall, crossing her arms over the multitude of red shades of her dress as she watched curiously. "Ms. Ganyu." She greeted politely before nodding her head towards [Name] with a small smile, "Divine Creator, we've been expecting your arrival. I presume you're here to attend to Lady Ningguang's request?"