xx. THESE THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE!

ACT ONE

ACT ONE. a game of cat-deer and mouse!
CHAPTER xx. ❛ THESE THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE! ❜

 ❛ THESE THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE! ❜

the trail,
earth kingdom.

        FOR FIVE DAYS, JING-HAI TRAVELS NORTH with little rest for the wicked. In tracking her friends (and leaving no trail behind), her adventures spanned from meeting eccentric townsfolk to crossing into enemy territory. The waterbender had journeyed to the volcanic ridges of Mount. Makapu where she met the fortune-teller: Aunt Wu ━━━━━━ who, instead of envisioning where her friends set up camp, rather frustratingly forecasted a great sacrifice instead. The prophet had claimed that "when the moon falls and the ash hits the snow, the children of the koi will reap what they sow'. Whatever that means. Jing-hai promptly deserted the crazy lady and followed the trail of the Avatar into a festival. Unfortunately for her, however, it happened to be a firebending one. And it was safe to say she had not been in the celebrating mood.

Her latest quest, however, had led the girl astray.

       She had travelled to a cordillera where the rumours of an abandoned Air Temple arose. But abandoned it was not. Jing-hai had found a whole civilisation in those mountains: earthbenders who dreamed to fly. One boy more than most. Jing-hai had befriended the spirited Teo ━━━━━━ a boy who'd suffered from paraplegia after a flood he'd endured as an infant. The same one that took his mother and many more from his village. Almost a century after the Air Nomad genocide, Teo's father, the Mechanist, had stumbled upon the temple. Inspired by the spirits of the ones who came before, the Mechanist created gliders similar to Aang's. And just like that, he made his son's wish come true.