Chapter 6 - Thinking too Much

[Jade's POV]

Every time I had to go to work I always had the feeling that the finishing time was very far away, as if it were never half past five in the afternoon. Why did time pass so slowly? I was a person who wasn't very passionate about work, but that day every second seemed to pass more slowly than usual. As if the second hand was broken and moving slowly like a snail. This feeling wasn't caused by my laziness, but rather because I had a lot to think about!

"Jade, I sent you an email."

"..."

"Jade!"

"What...! What?"

"I said I sent you an email."

Mongkhon, who was the same as always, only now he worked a little more diligently because he was afraid of being fired by the boss, spoke loudly, attracting the attention of everyone in the department. "I've said it several times, didn't you hear me?"

"I'm sorry..." I smiled as I apologized.

Mongkhon frowned and turned off the computer as he spoke to me as if he were teaching me a lesson.

"What's happening to you today? It doesn't look like you're working at all."

"..." I was speechless at what he had just said and I sat there unable to argue with him because it was true that I couldn't concentrate. However, when I was caught by someone like Mongkhon I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, since he was a person who treated his work like a game, abandoning his responsibilities using excuses such as taking his dog to the doctor, chasing his wife, taking his mother-in-law around Bangkok or visiting his son at school events. And he didn't do it just once, it was something constant and repetitive.

And now it turned out that that person spoke as if he were working hard and as if every minute of his time was focused on his work responsibilities. If I hadn't gone to talk to the boss about his behavior last year, telling him that he had never helped me or Uea and had instead delegated all his work to me, he would never have received a warning and would never have changed. his attitude a bit. However, this superior continued to be like a parasite in the office, just being a burden to me and Uea. So I didn't feel guilty about what I said!

"My part of the work on the product catalogue is finished. You can attach your part in the same file and send it immediately. I'm going now, I have dinner with my wife." Mongkhon spoke quickly, as if he was afraid of being interrupted by someone.

As I was about to open the email he sent me and without even receiving a reply from me, Mongkhon quickly grabbed his backpack and left the IT department offices.

At that moment it was half past five, exactly the time of leaving work, so no one objected or said anything against this superior. The other employees also slowly began to leave, except me, who had to stay to merge Mongkhon's work file with mine, since the next day I would have to send it to the programming team to upload it to the company website.

"Man, I always tell him to send it to me in PSD format, but he keeps sending it to me in JPG." I rolled my eyes and muttered, gritting my teeth at the person who had already run home. Since Mongkhon had received the boss's warning, it was true that he was paying a little more attention to his work and was helping to reduce mine and Uea's workload a little, but he still wasn't doing everything right because every time that took charge of something ended up causing little problems. What could I do? All I had to do was navigate to his desktop and turn on the computer to find the file myself.

"I go."

As I searched for work files on Mongkhon's computer, I watched as the tall boy grabbed his backpack and car keys as he prepared to leave. But the strange thing was that Uea was still there working. Normally, if one of them had to stay and work overtime, the other would always wait for him to come back together. It was as if being apart for a second could suffocate them (or at least it seemed that way to King).