Chapter 10 - Happy Birthday

[Uea's POV]

In a relationship there are always special days that need to be paid attention to. Excluding Valentine's Day and relationship anniversary celebration, another important day that you cannot forget is your boyfriend's birthday.

The phone on the headboard vibrated and rang to wake me according to the set alarm time. I lazily opened my eyes and the image that appeared before me was dimly lit due to the thick dark curtains blocking the sunlight that filtered through the window glass.

The sound of the alarm clock continued to ring nonstop, irritating my ears to no end, so I sighed deeply and reached out to grab that annoying object that had interrupted my peaceful sleep. The phone screen showed me that it was half past five in the morning on Monday, May 24th.

I turned off the alarm with the drowsiness that had yet to fade. Even though my heart still wanted to curl up under the covers and rest my eyes for another ten minutes, I knew it was Monday and the traffic was sure to be chaotic. If I had stayed in bed, I would probably be late for work, so I got up to go to the bathroom and quickly got ready. However, there was something more important to me than getting ready for work and that was that I had to hurry up and prepare a gift because today was a special day for someone.

And that someone was the owner of the thick, tanned arms that hugged my waist and was lying on my back at that moment.

The corners of my lips curved into a sweet smile as I heard the sound of his steady breathing near my ear. I turned back and looked at the owner of the arms that wrapped around me affectionately all night. My eyes adapted to the darkness and I could finally appreciate the captivating silhouette of his handsome, thin face, still immersed in a deep sleep.

King hadn't woken up yet and probably wouldn't wake up that easily since the boy who turned twenty-nine today was a heavy sleeper (or, in other words, he slept like a log). The alarm could have continued to ring, but if King didn't want to get up, he would have simply ignored the sound and continued to sleep. Meanwhile, I was a light sleeper and tended to wake up easily, so I had become the person who had to get up and turn off the alarm every morning.

"Hmm..."

The low sound of a growl coming from the throat of the person who hadn't yet woken up echoed as I tried to free my waist from the grip of his strong arms to get up and go take a shower. His arms reached out a little and tightened their grip bringing me closer than before, though his eyes still remained closed with no sign that he was waking up.

I smiled slightly at that reaction and even though my heart wanted to stay in that embrace forever, if I had followed my wishes it was certain that we would both be late for work. Then I made one last effort to push his arms away, being careful not to wake him. I finally managed to successfully get out of bed and rushed to shower and get ready, letting the person I loved sleep a little longer.

I dressed more carefully than usual. I chose to wear a light blue shirt that King had bought me the previous week, along with some tight white pants. I sprayed my favorite perfume and once it was ready, I went to the closet and took out the gift box I had prepared before placing it on the desk. Then I looked over at the person who was still sleeping soundly in the room.

I wasn't the type of person who placed much importance on their birthday, but for most people, their birthday was a special day that they wanted their loved ones and friends to appreciate. That's why I had tried my best to find a good birthday present for King. However, finding it for someone who already had everything was actually quite difficult. Although I knew that even if I bought something simple like twenty baht pastries in the shop near the company, King would be happy and grateful, I was his boyfriend and I had thought hard for almost two weeks to find a gift that would liked it and made him really happy.