Chapter 11 - Grow

(Jade's POV)

There are always unexpected things happening in this world.

"King."

"..."

"King!"

"What's the matter?"

"What are you thinking?" I asked as I sat down to breakfast at the table in the middle of the room. I lifted my head from my Khao Man Kai to look at the person I was talking to, sitting in front of me, and noticed that the bowl in front of him was already completely empty.

It was a little hard to find a moment when King wasn't around Uea. But by this time Uea had gone out with some colleagues from the Marketing Department for an information meeting and it had been twenty minutes since he had left the office door and still hadn't returned. In the IT department, there were only a few colleagues left from the group of programmers and technical support who were busy planning their next trip for the next long weekend. So here I am, sitting across from King at the middle table, having breakfast while we talked a bit.

Or rather, I was the only one talking, since that damn King sat there and nodded without paying the slightest attention to what I was saying. It seemed that his concentration was not on our conversation at all, rather his gaze seemed to be always lost in his thoughts. He'd been doing this for two or three days and I couldn't stand it anymore, so I had to ask him what was going on.

"Are you going to continue to wear your ring proudly, or have you changed your mind and marry Uea now?" I said, jokingly and looking down on my friend's long, thin finger as he playfully stroked the diamond-studded ring on his left ring finger. Lately I had seen him caressing the ring fascinated, and not only King, but also Uea enjoyed looking at the ring on his left ring finger which was no longer bare. It seemed that the reserve of the person with the attractive face in front of me made my friend smile mischievously without realizing it.

Well, I guess if I were Uea, I'd be smiling the same way since last Valentine's Day, King proposed, promising to marry him next year.

When they showed up at the office after Valentine's Day, I noticed that they were wearing rings on their ring fingers and even joked with them that it was so romantic that they swapped couple rings for Valentine's Day. But when King said they were engaged and were going to be married the following year, I was really angry, and I was even more angry when King said that it was Mai who had recommended the jewels to him and that he had even gone with him to choose him.

Both my boyfriend and my best friend had conspired to hide the matter from me! Although I suspected that it was King who asked Mai not to tell me anything because he thought I couldn't shut up. I understood, I was a person who wasn't good at keeping secrets, so I couldn't really get mad at them, on the contrary, I was happy for my two friends and their relationship. But it was really amazing because no one would have thought that someone like King, who enjoyed the single life and fluctuating from person to person, would one day be willing to commit to someone. And it was even more incredible that two people who had hated each other for almost ten years ended up being lovers.

Love is something that can really surprise us every day. Anything can happen in this world.

I'm going to work hard earlier this year. My proposal remains valid for next year." King sighed deeply as we discussed the subject of marriage. The tension on his face seemed to gradually ease as he spoke, and he appeared more relaxed.

"So when are you and Mai going to get married?"

"I don't know, we're not in a hurry." I shrugged my shoulders before shoving a big bite of rice into my mouth.