XX. time casts a spell on you won't forget me

TWENTY

TWENTY.   time casts a spell on you but you won't forget me

   time casts a spell on you but you won't forget me

      There are many sides to grief. One is anger, another is denial, then there's guilt, and the last is usually accepted. McKenna balanced on a high wire on all of them. Diego was all anger. He stormed into room. "Piece of shit. Do you have any idea what you just did?" He shouted Five and lunged at him, but Luther held him back.

McKenna ran into the room. "Diego, stop!" She let out a cry.

"Get your ape hands off of me!"

He lifted him off the ground. "I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down."

"Fine."

Luther put him down. "Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?"

"McKenna, you're bleeding." Five said out loud and stood from the bed.

She raised her shaking hand to her head and felt wet blood coat her fingers. "It's not mine." Her voice cracked.

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's and then at Gimble Brothers after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him—" he pointed at Five. "And nearly killing her in the process." Diego rambled and pointed at McKenna."

"What?" Said Five immediately and looked at her.

"Oh yeah, she didn't tell you? Took a knife wound to the side."

"I'm fine!" She squeaked out, her emotions as high his anger was.

"It's none of your concern." Five butted in.

"It is now. They just killed my friend."

McKenna choked on a breath and turned away. She ran her shaky hands through her hair. She'd been silent the entire way back home. Diego didn't speak to her. She always knew once he found out the truth that he would turn on her.

"Okay guys, who are they?" Asked Luther.

Five's eyes cut to McKenna agin, her back still turned to them. He saw her shaking. "Ken?" He spoke.