𝐈𝐈𝐈. • 'it's payback time'

જ⁀⁠♡∿〃━━━━━⁞ 💌 ⁞━━━━━〃∿જ⁀⁠♡

THERE are a lot of empires. Azuriah is one of them. Azuriah was known to be the empire focused more on expanding their knowledge and showing off their wit.

However, the empire Crimsonia was an empire that rivaled them. Crimsonia was heavily focused on charm and seduction, believing that beauty was power. Rulers from Crimsonia have pulled the strings between wars from other empires, they seduced rulers from other empires and had them fight to the death to ruin one another.

Azuriah used their wits to blackmail other empires and use them for their gain. They also used that same wit to create powerful artifacts and expand their technology.

Azuriah and Crimsonia had been fighting for a while, fighting for who gets to be the more known and stronger one between the two of the them.

Isagi was sitting at a seat at the dinner table, waiting for his father to speak. "Crimsonia offered an alliance, to stop the fight between us for now." the emperor suddenly informed.

Isagi was confused as he picked up his cutlery and began to cut the steak. Moving the fork to his mouth, the emperor suddenly spoke up, "I declined the offer." He added.

Isagi almost choked on his food. "F-Father," stammered Isagi.

"Pardon me for asking... but why?" His father let out a sigh after hearing Isagi's question. Running his hands through his own hair, the emperor of Azuriah slowly formed a fake smile which was a tradition for the royal family of Azuriah.

"It's a personal matter. To be precise, a matter of my honor." He answered his son's question. Isagi would only frown. But he gets it, his father's intentions. Perhaps them declaring their allegiance could be them declaring that they were too weak to fight the opposing empire and begged to ally themselves with them because of that.

"Our honor," Isagi corrected. Holding onto his fork and piercing the rest of the steak, he spun his fork that had a small piece of steak around.

Placing his cheek on his palm, Isagi would frown. "Aren't you looking too gloomy? Still waiting for the day you get the throne?" Isagi's father asked and Isagi's frown would deepen.

"How is mother?" Isagi suddenly asked, changing the topic. The emperor, in response to that, frowned himself.

"Still sick, our magicians can't seem to heal her."

Isagi would drop his fork onto the plate, letting it make a loud noise. Getting up from his seat, Isagi bowed. "Please, excuse me." he said.

Isagi's father would then sigh at that. "She'll be fine soon."

Those were words Isagi wished he could believe. However, he wasnt a child anymore and he now didn't blindly believe words.

જ⁀⁠♡∿〃━━━━━⁞ 💌 ⁞━━━━━〃∿જ⁀⁠♡