Kaya Evans' POV- First case

"So this is your first case Ms. Evans?"

The prime official told me and I replied-
"Yes sir."

It's a case of a murder. Today, a child was found hanged in his own school auditorium and things are just too complicated to understand when a happy teenager is found dead .

My name is Kaya Evans and i just joined my service yesterday in the Caster city police. The people here are friendly and welcoming. I met my partner in 'detecting' crime who would be assisting me in this case. His name is Santon Falls, he's a quiet guy though but very wonderful at his work.
He gifted me a flower pot of lilac flowers with a note on it which says 'first and last'. Well I dont know what it means but since lilacs mean passion, sacrifice and first love so it's maybe some kind of indication.

 Well I dont know what it means but since lilacs mean passion, sacrifice and first love so it's maybe some kind of indication

.
.
The teenager dispatched was Nick Walter. The autopsy report said that they find a bouncing ball in his mouth, torn ligaments of fingers toes and ankles, oppositely broken bones of knees and damaged stomach muscles by constant punching; basically tortured and finally put to death by choking.
.
  All the clues I only have found is the ball written 99 on it and his back carved of 9mlL.
I don't know what it says or means, I need to figure it out.
I drove to school to interrogate the teacher because the watchman is not in a state to speak, he is too stunned to process the questions and to answer them.
.
I reached the school and asked for the teacher Billy Marthon, he is a science teacher and seemed very nice to children by the way he was talking to them. I brought him to the office and started interrogating him .

"So how did it all happen?" I asked keeping a straight face.

"I don't know, well Nick was a healthy teenager with no certain enemies around him but yesterday Sam--umm Samuel Johnson, my other student told me that Nick and his friends bullied him and Sam had a pretty bruised face too. "His face fell as soon as he mentioned Sam and his bullying but he answered that it's all he knew.

"Okay. And you found the note that read
'IT WAS NOT SUICIDE I DID IT..right ?" I asked again.

He nodded and said
"Yeah since I happened to be the first one to open his locker to collect his things, I was the one to discover it " He said remembering.
.
"You may go now Sir. Thank you for the cooperation but you may not go out of the city and we may ask for your presence in the police station whenever we might discover something about the case. " I said sitting down.

He was leaving when I asked about Sam that where can I find him since teenagers tend to commit mistakes in hypnotization of emotions. But he replied that he can only give me his number and address and about where Sam has been since yesterday he was clueless too and Sam did not come to school also.
.
I visited Sam's residence and it was locked and I was informed by the neighbors that they left yesterday. I asked about where they must have gone but no one knew.
.
I was sitting in my office speculating about the case and was trying to figure out the code and the ball when Santon came after investigating the crime scene.

"The school is pressuring us to close the case by saying it was a suicide and never disclose about it to the public" he informed.

I looked up from my notebook and said- "You know we can't do that, it was obviously a brutal murder and we cannot just ignore it."

"They say it's not a big deal and it affects the school reputation " he continued.

"It fucking is a big deal if it affects their reputation" i said frustratingly.
.
Just then his telephone rang and he picked it up. All i heard was- "yeah 91st case, the teenager murder case --- yeah ---what ???" He looked at me with a shocked face.

"What??" I asked as i couldn't keep my curiosity down.

"Nick's friends have been missing since yesterday"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hope you enjoy ❤️