Kaya Evans' POV- Where is Samuel?

"Since yesterday --why was it not informed yesterday then???"
We just set out to find Nick's friend and after a labour of 3 hours we returned back with nothing. I was too frustrated when I remembered that Billy might know something about the case so I dialled his number.
"Hello Billy Marthon here, how can I help you?" The deep hoarse voice echoed in the empty room and I just realized its 1 in the night and I disturbed him.

"Umm Mr Marthon, Kaya here, the cop for Nick Walter's murder case. Could you please tell me anything about Nick's friends?"
"Nick's friends like Nathan and Cole, right?"
"Yes"
"They seem to be planning something a night before Nick's murder. I saw them in a convenience store when it was pretty late so I asked them to leave for their homes. Maybe you can get some information from there." He informed.
"Which store??"
"The corner store" He answered.
I was leaving when I realized I should probably get some sleep first.

Next day-
Inquiring the store, it seems they bought some party supplies and even alcohol. So it indicates they were planning a party but for who and where is still a question.
Billy told that Samuel visited library frequently so I followed the lead.
I met Santon there.
"What are you doing here??"I asked.
"Looking for some good picture books for Carter, my son. He loves to draw and read"
"Oh yeah?" I made a explainable face and asked the authorities "Can I see the most frequent visitors please?"
As expected Samuel came here a lot.
"Can I get the books Samuel would read being here?"

"He had a very distinct choice of thrillers and mystery books. Nobody keeps a demand of those these days but I would take them out for you to take a look."

"Margret, please bring the 4th and 5th shelf books from the backroom "he said.
"Thank you" I made myself busy in selecting some books for Carter, when we all heard a scream, Margret's scream to be precise. I took out my rifle and walked towards the backroom when I saw Cole Walkins' cold dead and decaying body laying on the ground on his stomach in a weird manner. He might be in the cupboard and would have fallen when Margret opened the door.
Santon called for an ambulance and backup.
Cole had no clothes on, just a underwear and I could see the code carved on his back same like Nick's- 14JlAP.

According to the autopsy reports, Cole was being murdered very brutally by the Lingchi process. He had cuts all over his body. He was being tortured and due to excessive bleeding, he at last died.

Search for Cole Walkins ended and now only Nathan, who's probably dead too because according to the reports of autopsy of Cole's dead body, time of death was coinciding, maybe 15 minutes after Nick's death . Now the main question is where is Nathan and biggest of all where is Samuel?? .
.
.
.
.
Hope you enjoy it.
Keep on speculating till the next episode. ❤️