CHAPTER 5: EXAM FROM THE BOTTOM OF HELL

" NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU ARE AND HAVE GOOD MORALS IN THIS WORLD, SURVIVAL IS FOR THE STRONGEST "

CHAPTER 5: EXAM IN THE BOTTOM OF THE HELL
________________________________________

"How are you, Momose, and you, Charlotte? I haven't seen you two in a while," Saya said, hugging Charlotte, who slightly hugged back. She then turned her head, facing Meriko, putting on a gentle smile and said, "Good afternoon, Lady Meriko. It's good to see you here."
Meriko didn't react; she just stood there, looking at Saya. Then she turned her face and walked away without saying anything. Momose and Charlotte took a glance at each other and looked back at Saya.
"We have to go, Lady Saya. Please excuse us," said Charlotte, bowing her head a little.

Saya smiled at them and said, "It's okay, dear. We can talk more next time. Now go, b-bi... I mean, Lady Meriko will be mad if you are late."
After the Shoor twins left, Saya turned her gaze to Myari and her team. "It seems like you are late. They won't let you in, but don't worry. I will go with you and say that you are late because of me," she winked at them.
Rina bowed slightly and spoke in a grateful tone, "Thank you so much, Lady Saya. Sorry for causing you trouble."
Myari eyed Saya suspiciously and got a wink from her. Then she said with a soft smile, "Miss Myari, mind if I talk to you for a minute about that?" pointing to the boy that Myari broke his nose.
Myari nodded her head, while Toki and Rina glanced at each other. "I guess she is in trouble for hitting her teammate," whispered Rina to Toki.
"Indeed," he replied.

Myari and Saya walked a couple of meters away so no one could hear their conversation.
"I didn't expect you to get in a fight before the exam even starts. You are unbelievable, Joker," started Saya.
"First, stop calling me that. Second, he pissed me off," replied Myari.
Saya sighed and turned her face serious. "The exam will start now. If you die, I guess your revenge play will end so fast. Make sure to get back alive. I have high hopes for you, Joker," Saya said and smiled slyly at the end.
"Lady Saya, you are looking down at me, don't you? I am not weak to die in the beginning," snapped Myari, glaring.
Saya started laughing loudly. "What's so funny?" glared Myari harder.

She stopped laughing and instead put on a big smile, moving away a few steps as her turquoise eyes lit up, and lots of water bubbles appeared. Saya snapped her fingers to reveal a sword in her hand made of water and placed it on Myari's neck. Myari stood there in amazement as Saya spoke, "Do you really think that staying alive will guarantee your passing? So let me tell you something, this exam is going to be a test from the bottom of hell, and you might lose your comrades. So, I'll give you one piece of advice: WHEN YOU DIE, YOU DIE ALONE. NONE OF THE PEOPLE YOU SAVE IS GONNA DIE WITH YOU. THERE IS ONLY TWO CHOICES: KILL OR BE KILLED."
"But our job as FOX soldiers is to save people even if we risk our lives for it. Father told me that," said Myari, who clenched her fist in anger. Then she continued, "Are you really a leader? How can you prefer yourself over the citizens? No offense, but I suspect Her Majesty's choice in choosing the leaders."

Saya changed her smile into an expressionless face and then said, "Then why didn't you save your family? If you think that we should protect citizens in our life, why didn't you save them?"
Myari stood there, feeling that no words were escaping her mouth. She tried to say something, but before it, Saya continued, "I will tell you why. Because you were scared. Fear is something in us you can't do anything about, but it is a matter of time. Either you kill these fears, or they will kill you. When you attacked the variable, you were mad. That's why you managed to move and fight. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN KILL YOUR FEAR IS ANGER. So scream, cry, fight for your life. Use the anger inside you to kill your fear."
Myari looked at Saya with eyes with a devastated look. She deep inside knew everything Saya said was true. She knows that she was afraid, shaking in fear, too scared to move.