Well, What Now?

Over the course of the next few days, the three teenagers seemed to work things out between themselves and established a routine.

All three boys woke up early to sneak in a morning training session together before the rest of the campus woke up. After their morning session, Yuji and Megumi would spend most of their time alternating between brainstorming plans, research, individual training, and sparring. They reserved the evenings for break time, which normally involves Megumi tricking Yuji into spending time with him doing something like watching a movie or baking cookies to ensure he didn't overwork himself. The one night Megumi had left Yuji alone he'd found him obsessively lifting weights when he'd gotten up to get something to drink.

After that incident, Megumi decided it was best if he kept an eye on his friend who had apparently decided it was his new goal to work himself to death when he wasn't looking. Thus, Megumi devoted the evenings to bonding time with Yuji. Not that he was upset by that development.

The schedule worked for about a week before things came crashing down. Of course, it was all entirely Gojo's fault.

The day started out fairly normal with Gojo arriving just as Yuji and Megumi were starting their morning stretches.

"Good morning!" a perky, white haired teenager chirped at the others.

"Good morning!" Yuji greeted in return with a bright smile as he stretched his shoulders out.

The third teenager ignored the other two, looking suspiciously as though he was about to fall asleep as he leaned into a calf stretch. For a while, the early morning air was filled with easy conversation between the two teens that were more awake while the third focused on waking up. It wasn't long before they finished morning stretches through and they gathered together to stand in the middle of an open field behind the guest house that the three teens had been using as a sparring field.

Just as the three were beginning to take starting positions to begin their first spar, the oldest of them tensed, then cursed under his breath after a moment.

"Gojo?" Yuji asked in concern, clearly wondering what had happened.

"Hmm..." Gojo hummed, eyes staring unblinkingly off into the distance, "It seems I'm needed for a mission."

"How can you tell?" Yuji asked in confusion, looking around for anything that might have caught the other teen's attention.

Gathering up his things, Gojo slung his workout bag over his shoulder before answering Yuji, "Whenever Suguru needs to find me quickly he flares his cursed energy out. If it's an emergency it's three times. If it's twice then it's for a mission. He just flared his energy twice now."

"Oh," Yuji replied blankly before smiling his usual bright smile back at his teenage sensei, "Well be careful then! Megumi and I will be fine on our own for today."

"Remember to use your speed, Yuji," Gojo chirped back at the two others happily, "And work on pulling your weapons out of the shadows faster, Megumi."

And with that the white haired teen quickly warped himself away, disappearing between one blink and the next. The remaining two boys exchanged a glance, shrugging off their teenage sensei's abruptness, and got to work on their usual training routines.

The day passed quickly for them both, neither teen minded the absence of Gojo as they were rather used to their teacher randomly disappearing periodically for missions. When another day passed, neither commented on it, but when the day after arrived and their sensei's teenage self didn't appear yet again for morning training, the two began to wonder. By dinner that evening, they were mildly worried.