The Boat

After Tig finished talking the children set themselves on tasks, it appeared to Noami that her brother was exploring the ship, Irov was steering and Tig appeared to be making fishing nets, the twins appeared to be looking at maps of Medona because they've never been there. Naomi decided to join Malachi for he was making armour and weapons in the corner. It wasn't very exciting since they had to dip the weapons and armour in the ocean every 20 minutes to cool it down and fish kept biting her but she did it anyway.

After around 3 hours of everyone doing this it was Starrise and everyone gathered around the campfire that the twins built. No one spoke a word but while Irov was cooking the fish Naomi and Malachi finished up the final touches on the armour so that it fit everyone. Shortly after they finished eating Kyran showed everyone where he'd found the beds and most of them fell asleep almost immediately even though the beds were incredibly uncomfortable to everyone but Irov. Unbeknownst to them Irov left them all 2 kilometres away from any seeable land and since Naomi couldn't sleep she decided to take the anchor up and start them back on the right path.

Little did she know, dark elves become nearly invisible at night, so when Malachi saw Naomi struggling to turn the ship she was very startled when he came up behind her to help. Neither of them said anything as they continued to steer the ship in the right direction and start sailing.

Malachi soon broke the silence though, " Since you're a changeling can you change forms?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?" Naomi replied.

Malachi never answered her question because shortly after Tig popped out of the barrel he was, for some reason, sleeping in. Tig didn't say anything to them, just stared at them as he pulled out his maps and started looking at them.

The rest of the group didn't wake up until a little after cloudrise.

"I can see land! We're almost there!" Sage exclaimed.

Irov stared in confusion for a moment and then it dawned on him, "Oh sorry forgot you can see really far since you're dragonborns," He said to Sage and Iris.

As soon as Naomi heard they were almost there she had Tig open the sails and start the paddles so they could get off the stupid lake as fast as possible. Then after a short moment everyone else could see land ahead.

"So where should we go first, Tig?" Iris asked.

"It's up to you, but if you would like extra help from someone there are many adventurers looking for a job at taverns," Tig replied.

"I know a good tavern! When me and Iris were coming over here from Bonocedera we stopped at this tavern on the shore of Tigyhugen and it had a lot of adventurers," Sage said excitedly.

"Well once we get to land, which will probably be around mid-cloud, do you think you could get us there?" Naomi asked the twins.

Iris nodded and Naomi kept steering for nearly 7 hours. Naomi didn't realise it but while she was steering, Kyran decided to show everyone a trick that he learned when he was 7. It was composed of him carefully putting different coloured fruits next to her to make her change colours. As Kyran carefully set a glowberry next to her she started to change a greenish-blue.

"Kyran, we're almost to land and if you change me pink you will lose your ability to even move those fruits," Naomi whispered. And as soon as she said this Kyran removed the fruits and put them back in the crates.

"Hey Sage, do you think you could shrink the weapons and armour me and Nay made yesterday so we can fit it in our bags?" Malachi asked.

"Yeah I could do it but it would only las-" Sage said quickly

"Nay? Seriously, that's the best you could come up with?" Naomi remarked.

"What would you rather me call you? Would you rather I called you darling?" Malachi said jokingly.

"I- wouldn't hate it," Naomi muttered. But it was evident that Malachi didn't hear this, since he didn't say anything. And neither did the others.