Chapter Two

Hey everyone! I'm shocked at those few comments of people asking me to update, I honestly never thought anyone would read this and actually just did this one for fun because of how upset I was that the original books actually ended. Just a heads up to whoever reads this, I haven't read the books in ages. I'm trying to find the time to reread them, but find it hard due to summer plans. Now that summer is nearing an end, all I have is a small summer vacation coming up and the beginning of school. Once I get settled, updates will surely be coming more quickly and facts will be more accurate as will characters and their traits. Because this is fan fiction, there will most likely be difference in this story, just another warning, so don't go crazy if it does. However, I love the books and most likely will not have some extreme thing happen that would be impossible to happen in the book. This is a short chapter, due to my busy schedule, but I'll surely try to update again soon. This chapter will show a little bit of a flashback of Patch's P.O.V. I wanted to dabble a bit with Patch and attempted to do so, I hope you enjoy and in the future will hopefully see more of Patch's perspective! Feel free to write to me or comment any cool ideas you as a fan of the originals have or even point out any mistakes you see I've made to help me correct them and remember a bit. Thanks again and lots of love!
Enjoy!
P.S "Good Times Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin is the song I listened to and helped inspire me for a bit of Patch's P.O.V 😝
----------------------------------------------

Patch's P.O.V
August 7th, 1976.
Fernton, Pennsylvania.

A cigarette hung low out of the corner of my mouth as I laid back against the wooden bleachers. Here and there a chuckle would escape me as I eyeballed the man who was currently up to bat, if you could call him a, "man," at all. Striking the ball with obvious grace, he made it to second base before stopping, even though he could have easily hit a home run.
Could've made it, I spoke to his thoughts. His head lifted up, scanning the bleachers, which only consisted of an older couple and myself, until he met my eyes and a smile broke out upon his chubby cheeked face.
Yes, yes I could have, I sat up from my position when he responded, taking the last drag of the cigarette before flicking it to my right and off towards the dugout.
Than why not do it? Why hold back? I asked, or well, nagged. Everything he does is so unbelievable to me, and not in the good way. To answer my question he simply sent me a dazzling smile from the field and signaled to my mind to wait until the game was over. So I did. I watched him pretend to weakly hit the ball, and sometimes even miss it all together. When he threw the ball, now that was the ugliest part of this baseball game. From watching this, I'd forget if I were to be watching a baseball game or a couple of actors putting on a show. When the game finished, I slowly walked down the bleachers, all the way to behind the dugout. And there, I waited. He showed up about ten minutes later. Standing before me in his dirty, grass stained uniform and glove on one hand, his eyes scanned me before he broke out into hysterical laughing fits. My own smirk spread across my face.
"Don't go tell me you've been running with those hippie folk now, Jev," he paused, squinting his bright blue eyes, "Or are you still hanging around that Rixon fella and prefer to be called, Patch?" He said with near disgusted. I shrugged on shoulder carelessly.
"You're still judgmental as always, Quintin, however it's definitely my turn to judge. Nice uniform, by the way," I mimicked, smirking. Quintin smiled wide, and drew me in for a brief hug.
"Always a pleasure, Jev. Now what can I help you with?" He asked cheerfully, pulling the glove from his hand. Shifted uncomfortably on my feet, I debated whether I really wanted to nag him about this. I may be a lot of things, but a hypocrite is something I fight hard not to be. Looking away, I heaved a long sigh before spitting it out.
"The girl Quintin, I have to talk to you about the girl." Quintin's eyes fell low and he new where this was going, although I truly doubted he thought that it would be coming from me.
"That's not a topic up for discussion," he shook his head, but I cut him off before he could continue.
"She's gonna ruin you, my friend. Trust me, I've been there, a human and a fallen angel never ends well," this time, he cut me off.
"But you already know what I'm planning on doing, she'll be able to be with me forever," he tried pleading to get me to see it his way. My head shook the whole time, disagreeing already.
"No teenage girl, or human period, could deal with what you are going to do Quintin! She'll go absolutely insane, and you'll be busy locked up in Lucifer's territory to help her cope." I've done stupid things, and have had stupid ideas, but his were ones of a mad man. Quintin looked out for me during my times of insanity, now it was time for me to return the favor. Quintin's face held a big smile, which confused my very being. He knows what's gonna happen, so why do it? Unless he wants it to achieve a bigger goal. But what may that goal be?
"Here's the thing, Jev. She isn't human to begin with."
-

Present day
Nora's P.O.V

The door to our quaint one bedroom apartment slammed shut when we finally entered. Wrenching my arm from Patch's hold, I faced him, fueled with anger.
"What was that about?" I questioned loudly. He just turned sideways, stared at the wall for a moment, before glancing back at me and shrugging. My eyes widening with even more frustration.
"You don't know? You seriously have absolutely no clue?" When he didn't respond, I continued. "Alright well let me tell you what I know, Patch. You just got all sketchy during a fun time out, and literally forced me home without a single word, even though I saw that damned look on your face! We promised each other that if something were to happen again we'd be opened and honest about it, we've been training and everything! I have the right to--" before I could continue, Patch snaked his arms around my waisted and hugged me. Hugged me as if he were relieved, although couldn't understand his reasons for being worried. When he kissed me on top of my head, my anger seemed to be flushed away and I hugged him back.
"I don't really know what happened," he whispered softly, pulling away enough to look me in my eyes, his beautiful coal orbs boring into me. "The night was fun, everything was going well, I mean I didn't sense anything or anyone. When I got up to collect my winnings, it's like something hit me hard. Someone was in there, someone more powerful than I've ever felt. They sent me images. Images that-I-" he shook his head and squeezed me closer. His eyes filled with sorrow and grievance. "Vivid images that I never want to see again, let's just leave it at that." My mind jumped throw hoops of emotions, not being able to find the right one.
"So what does this mean?" I eventually asked, my voice barely a whisper. To say I was frightened would be the understatement of the year.
This couldn't be happenings, I pleaded in my mind. Looking at Patch, I could see he wasn't so sure himself, but wanted to make me feel protected.
"Nothing," he said simply, "There is nothing for us to do, if anything we wait." Seeing the look of horror plastered on my face, he gently tucked a stray curl behind my ear and smiled at me with everything he had before he added, "I don't want you to worry about this." With that, he headed towards the bathroom, shutting the door on the conversation. Standing with mouth hanging slightly opened, I stayed there speechless until I heard the shower turn on. I heard what he said, but couldn't believe it. And I couldn't allow it.