Chapter Four

Hey guys! Here is the fourth chapter! I'm still in shock over the feedback I'm getting from this story, I never thought anyone would actually read this. I published the story on here just for fun, can't believe people like it. Thank you everyone for making my day each time I get onto Wattpad. My deepest apologies for not updating sooner. I've been extremely busy that writing was something that couldn't be involved in my schedule, I'm truly sorry to those of you would've been waiting and then I'm working on getting back into this and even trying to write another story that I hope everyone will check out once it's up. The chapters will most likely be short and maybe even a little corny until I can finish rereading the books. However, I'm trying my best because everyone that's reading this is absolutely amazing and deserves the best I can give.
I love you all!

----------------------------------------------

The sound of my own panting breath and pounding heart is the only noise to fill my ears, maddening me to the point of agony.

Rippling pain shot up and down my sides, however I can't let that slow down my pace. It seems that no matter how fast I run, I can never get far away from the one chasing me.

He out beats my Nephilim speed, depriving me of a victory of safety. Taking a sharp left, I suddenly feel a sensation that shakes me to my core.

I've been trapped.

He saunters towards me, a dominate sadistic smirk rises from his grim face. Eyes of ruby lack emotion while he gets closer and closer.

Trying to back up I find myself hitting, the rock moves closer to lock me into the hard place. His fingernails now resembled black claws, reminding me of the werewolf movies Vee and I used to watch on Halloween. The clawed hand moved towards my face, and I inhaled what would be my last breath while tears dripping down my face. A nasty growl escaped from his lips which is now pulled back into a snarl, he moves his hand in a rough swiping motion towards my next. A coiling scream erupts from within me, knowing that the last image I'll ever see is of his newfound face that shows the evil inside of the angel.

My body shot forward into a sitting motion. The beaming sun sending rays of its enlightenment throwing the white sheer curtains of the bedroom. Gasping for air I take everything in and realize that I'm safe and sound in my bed. Sweat pours from every pore of my body, drenching me. Giving one more sigh, I swing my feet off of the bed. Twelve days had come and gone since my dreams turned against me. That day began the haunting of my sleep.
Black eyes with a red ring around them constantly filled my thoughts, conscious or not. Each time my mind wandered off to them, the ring of red got thicker or blood like flecks would crowd the irises. Eventually, the eyes would turn completely red and my breathing would become erratic.
And I hate to admit it, but I've distanced myself from Patch more and more as the dreams continue. It wasn't fair to put him through this because of nightmares.
Correction, they definitely weren't nightmares. At first I had assumed that the good Patch in my dream, was the real one connecting with me in my sleep. I now know that he couldn't, I heard him swearing in a chair next to our bed when I awoke from another horror, he sat with his both hands pulling through his raven curls. He simply couldn't break through.
In the beginning he thought I was just being stubborn, as the nights passed he realized too.
I was damned with these trance like things, that I feel as though they are trying to tell me something.

Unlike the first time,  I don't run to Patch when I wake up from the disturbed dreams, I run past him and hide in the bathroom until I feel safe again.
To be honest, I don't know who's suffering more in all of this.
The look of sadness every time I pulled away from an embrace or the dismissive fake laugh to end conversations, crushed me. Something in my gut told me to run from him, but my heart would never allow that to happen... But I could I trust that instinct of love?
The sheets strangle my legs and felt sickeningly cold against my damp skin, the air in the apartment suffocating me.
A single note sits on the nightstand, reading it my stomach twists in so many different emotions my mind reels.

Angel,
I didn't want to wake you, it seems you hardly sleep anymore. Whatever is going on, you know you can talk to me, right? Everything will get better.
Had to go take care of a few things.
All my love,
Patch.

Taking a long pull of air through my nose, my teeth sink into the insides of my cheeks.

I need to fix this.
I need to beat this.

----

Patch's POV

It's been exactly twelve days since I found Nora seizing on the couch, with her eyes rolled back into her head, not even a hint of her stormy grey irises. Since then, when she looks at me, it's almost like she's seeing something new. She examines me like I'm a damn science experiment. Her shaky embrace and beaten voice still rings through my ears, remembering how she cried upon my shoulder and told me how she simply had a bad dream. Her fear even shook me to my core, making me come to the conclusion that it would be best not to tell her how I found her. Because then she'd know what I knew, she wasn't in a nightmare. What exactly she was in, I have no idea and will do everything in my power to find out, but a dream does not fit the description. If only she'd open up to me, and tell me what it was her mind conjured up during this "dream," then it would most likely make it easier to figure out.
I'm alone in the elevator, watching the numbers go up with each ding.
Three floors left, I silently curse the fact that Nora and I live on the highest floor of the building. Abruptly, the moving stops. My eyebrow raises as nothing else happens. A few moments later, the door opens and in steps a woman. The first thing I take notice to, which it'd be impossible not to, was her bright hair. It resembled a blood red rose at its peak in Spring. And to be honest, it kind of hurt my eyes looking at it. The next thing, however, wasn't something I saw other than felt. A pang of familiarity hits me like a bucket of ice water. My fist clenched without my knowing and instantly the girl was pushed against the wall, for the first time ever the scars on my back started to ache and a growl escaped from the back of my throat.
The redhead gasped, a frightened sound that seemed to slightly break me free of this trance my body had been forced into.
"Please don't hurt me," a shaky whisper came from her lips. Meeting her eyes, I saw that they were clear of fear and help something that resembled confidence. Stepping back, my head shook multiple times, as my body soon followed its movement. The doors of the elevator opened and I pushed my body out, looking up to meet her one more time. A ghost of a smile played around on her lips, then out of nowhere, she was gone, vanished. The ache my wing scars had turned into throbbing, feeling like a painful heartbeat. Gathering myself to my feet, I collected my sanity before going towards the apartment door.
Inside, Nora sat at a stool near the kitchen island, looking over something on her laptop.
Coming from behind her, I placed a small kiss on her head and felt her body stiffen immediately.
Her hands slowly reached up and closed her laptop. I couldn't take this another. I had to fix this.
When her eyes finally met mine, a smirked carved into my face.
"Pack your bags, Angel. We're going on a little road trip."