Chapter 4: The Hogwarts Express

The twins Fred and George had taken quite the liking towards Kashawn. Mostly because they found his awkwardness amusing. Not only that, but his expertise in potions was a huge help for them as they were experimenting with what Kashawn assumed to be joke shop items for their future joke shop. Kashawn's potion knowledge and his ability to get the twins extra ingredients for their experiments. As for Percy, he tried to remain on friendly terms with Kashawn, mostly for his own gain as Kashawn's father had developed brilliant connections with the ministry due to the high standard his family was held in. Kashawn wondered if the beings that sent him here were the ones who gave him such things to succeed. Like a pureblood family so he could learn about magic sooner.

But nothing bothered him more than Ginny and Ron who remained a bit wary of Kashawn, they didn't hate him. But they were very aware of him, with all of their visits. Kashawn took the hint and put a lot of distance between himself and the two. Kashawn was grateful that he had the twins who introduced him to their friend Lee Jordan, Lee also took a liking to Kashawn's awkwardness. He also found Kashawn's hairstyle strange. Kashawn had really long black hair that was straightened and tied into a ponytail.

Lee Jordan had dreadlocks and he insisted that Kashawn would look better with those instead but Kashawn resisted. But other than that, Kashawn pretty much became Lee Jordan and the twin's little brother. His brains proved to be an excellent asset for them to proceed with their ideas. "I can't wait for when we all get back to Hogwarts. With Kashawn here, we'll be able to take our pranks to the next level!" Fred said excitedly while sitting in Kashawn's room that had become the group's headquarters. Lee Jordan wrapped an arm around Kashawn happily. "We got some huge pranks planned!" Jordan said with Kashawn smiling, happy to have friends. Though this didn't pan out the way he predicted, things so far didn't seem too far out of the ordinary. The twins even showed him the Marauder's map. Which was something Kashawn was grateful to see as it gave him a glimpse of how big Hogwarts would be.

The months flew by with Kashawn preparing for Hogwarts. Kashawn had his trunk and things ready with the start of September arriving. September arrived and Kashawn's family arrived at King's cross station. Kashawn had his bag firmly hanging from his side. As Kashawn arrived at the platform an eager smile crossed his face. "Platform nine and three-quarters..." Kasheen said, looking at the ticket, but Kashawn was already headed towards Platforms nine and ten. "Kashawn... where are you going?" Tomeka said following her son who ran right through the platform connecting the platforms.

Kashawn was greeted by an absolutely iconic sight. The Hogwarts Express that nearly brought him to tears. Kashawn looked at the wonderful sight of the train and his excitement built up as he got practically giddy with excitement. Kashawn's parents arrived on the Platform and they each gave Kashawn a look. But any annoyance they felt towards the boy melted upon them seeing his excited face. But then, Kashawn turned to see the twins Fred and George arriving on the platform.

"Kashawn!" The two said in unison, wrapping their arms around the boy. "Hey guys. How's-" Kashawn was cut off by Percy who interrupted their reunion already dawning his Hogwarts robes and prefect badge. "Please cease with the jokes and-" Fred, George and Kashawn put their hands up to Percy, shutting him up. They then each raised a single finger to their lips as they all indulged in one of many inside jokes they made. "SHOOSH! SHOOSH PLEASE!" They all said to Percy who scowled nastily at them while dusting off his Prefect back and walking away. Just then, a boy arrived on the platform and Kashawn immediately knew who it was. The emerald eyes that laid behind the glasses covered by tape, the raven black hair and an oversized shirt that sloppily fit him.

That was Harry Potter...

Kashawn watched Harry as he went onto the train and went to put his stuff inside. The twins and Kashawn followed with their families behind them. Kashawn, Fred and George were all looking for a compartment when they saw Harry struggling with his trunk and immediately, they all approached to help. "Need a hand?" Fred asked, gesturing to Harry's trunk. "Yes, please." Harry replied and the four then heaved the trunk into the compartment.