Chapter six: Snape's Suspicion

Kashawn's first week at Hogwarts was the most interesting week of his life. From the One hundred and forty two staircases that were nearly impossible to track when and where they were moving. Along with the vanishing steps. Kashawn found the entire castle annoyingly charming in its confusing twists and turns. He found himself having a very fun time in his classes, thanks to his preparation he found the basic levels of them easy... from stargazing to history to herbology which was particularly easy thanks to his potions experience. There was a lot of crossover between the two.

All of them hadn't given Kashawn much issue at all, except for History of magic. Professor Binns made it impossible to stay awake and Kashawn had no idea that a ghost could be so sleepy all of the time. Binns was the biggest issue for Kashawn, so much so that he elected to read ahead and take his own notes. By the end of each class, Kashawn had many more notes than everyone else. Meanwhile, McGonagall was the most strict yet respectable professor Kashawn had ever studied under. Though she was strict, Kashawn could easily see how much she cared about the students. Kashawn was quickly earning the attention of his fellow students, more specifically the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuffs.

Friday had arrived and Kashawn thought about what exactly he's gonna do about the mission at hand. So far, Quirrel had been his normal jumpy and paranoid self. Well, his undercover self. Kashawn wanted to snatch that turban off of Quirrel's head, but knowing that Voldemort would easily come after him stopped him in his tracks. With his morning free, Kashawn got the mail from his family owl. His father sent him potion ingredients and his mother sent him a lovely snack for Astalos who enjoyed it once Kashawn put it away in his bag. Nobody knew anything about Kashawn's bag, they only knew he carried it around everywhere. As for the rest of his breakfast, he didn't do much. Kashawn then thought to himself about what he could do now.

The first thought that occurred to the young boy was to brew extra potions for his potential mission.

With Kashawn arriving on the grounds he then made his way towards Hagrid's hut. Quickly the boy casted the disillusionment charm onto himself and began creeping. However, much to Kashawn's dismay he saw Hagrid leaving his hut. Holding his breath and keeping behind a large pumpkin, Kashawn watched Hagrid walk away and towards the owlery. "Oh yeah... Hagrid invited Harry for some tea after potions..." Kashawn whispered remembering the books. Kashawn then sneaked his way into the forest, using his charm to keep safe. Sneaking around the large trees and seeing all of the animals within the massive woods were a beautiful sight to see.

Kashawn was taken aback by the beauty of such a creature, its body was easily horse-like in appearance yet it had a magical look to it that'd make even the most wild of imaginations jealous

Kashawn was taken aback by the beauty of such a creature, its body was easily horse-like in appearance yet it had a magical look to it that'd make even the most wild of imaginations jealous. Kashawn knew that the creature had to be his, but he didn't have the slightest of ideas at how to tame and befriend such a creature. Kashawn kept staring at the beast and thought for a moment, knowing that he'd stored several different foods to tame such things, Kashawn elected to try. Reaching into his magical bag, Kashawn pulled out herbs. Immediately, the creature's nostrils flared as it looked around.