Chapter 10:What the heart truly desires is what he can't have.

(A/N: I LOVE THIS CHAPTER!)

With Christmas on the horizon, Kashawn despised the fact that Christmas was coming. The icy cold weather and snow hardly bothered the boy, mostly due to the fact that Kashawn was already growing cold and bitter on the inside. Memories of his previous Christmas experiences was all he could think of. They were the only things keeping him warm, the thought of his grandmother decorating their houses. Entering the Great Hall and seeing all the wonderful Christmas Decorations was quite the beautiful sight, but yet it only reminded Kashawn of how lonely he truly was in this world.

Kashawn did have a bit of fun, especially when it came to helping Fred and George bewitch snowballs to hit the back of Quirrell's turban. Which greatly entertained Kashawn who used his amulet to hide while Fred and George gleefully took the bullet for him. But Kashawn kept up the charade by pelting a few more snowballs at the back of the turban in secret, much to Quirrell's annoyance. Kashawn knew full well what he was doing, and he took great pleasure in doing so. But things got even worse for Kashawn as his owl got injured in the snowstorm outside. Barely making it back with a letter from his "parents''. Kashawn saw the sick and snow-covered owl and cradled it in his arms. Taking great care in nursing his family owl back to full health.

"No more package delivery for you... at least until this weather lets up." Kashawn told the owl that he wrapped his scarf around. Things weren't all so simple as checking up on Harry, Ron and Hermione who were in the library looking for Nicholas Flamel the creator of the Sorcerer's stone.

As Kashawn walked into the library, he was bombarded by Harry and Ron. "Kashawn! You're smart... help us." Harry said motioning for him to walk over. Kashawn joined them and sat with the three. "What's up?" Kashawn asked, looking at all the books with a blank look. "Kashawn, do you have any idea who Nicholas Flamel is?" Ron asked bluntly. Kashawn thought for a moment, and he remembered how long it took them to figure it out in the actual timeline. Which means, they'll be able to prepare for the up-and-coming fight easier. "Yeah, I do..." Kashawn said, drawing the attention of the three.

"He's a famous alchemist who worked alongside Albus Dumbledore and he also created the Sorcerer's stone. Which can produce an elixir of life and turn most metals to gold... If I believe my memory is correct based on what I read." Kashawn informed the three. "You see, Nicholas is a really old guy who's been around a long time... so these books that you're looking through, wouldn't have had him in them... you'd wanna look further back. The dude is like six centuries old." Kashawn joked as the three looked at him with impressed looks. "Oh, by the way... the trapdoor that the three headed dog is on... houses the sorcerer's stone... which was pretty obvious when I looked into it..." Kashawn admitted.

"You looked into it too?" Harry asked the Ravenclaw who nodded. "My curiosity pushed me to do so. I looked at it from a different angle. What would be down there for a three-headed dog to protect? I started from Dumbledore and worked my way back." Kashawn broke down the information for the golden trio Harry and Ron listened intently, but Hermione just looked at Kashawn in awe of his words. "You see, that's where it all started. Dumbledore was here and he had to protect an artifact. I just looked at Dumbledore's past and it led me to the stone." Kashawn explained and the three nodded.

"Well, that's about it... anyways, you guys enjoy your Christmas break." Kashawn said getting up from the table and leaving the three with far more information than they had before.

With the Christmas break now upon the castle it was vastly empty inside. So much so that Kashawn was the only Ravenclaw who stayed behind. Having the common room all to himself was a novelty. But Kashawn had something else on his mind. A diadem, and now that the castle was empty, Kashawn knew that now was the best time to get the diadem from the Room of Requirement. Kashawn also knew that asking Fred and George for the Marauder's map would be useless because the room doesn't appear on it. But with his months of experience exploring the castle, he was confident he could narrow it down.