The Arranged Marriage

I had been cleaning up, washing the dishes, washing the washing, mopping, cooking my usual routine I do every single day of my life. My life is only in black and white, I'm a nobody in this world, I never have been and I never will. I'll probably never find happiness in my life. "What are you doing peasant?" my thoughts are interrupted by Kaya's screaming. "You are supposed to was my kimono but it's still filthy" she says throwing it in my face. "Unlike you peasant, I have some important business to attend to, and by business I mean a marriage proposal for me which you probably won't understand because you'll never get one haha" I just stand there silently looking at her. It's true Kaya is a beautiful girl but her attitude and her arrogance makes her the ugliest person alive and I am quite beautiful myself people always compliment my beauty saying there's no way I'm a human since I'm almost as beautiful as an angel, I don't believe that though. "Anyway just get my kimono clean as soon as possible hmph" she says before storming off. Sometimes I just wish I could run away. "Don't listen to her (y/n) your a beautiful girl and she's just jealous, and I'm sure you will get a proposal very soon and you will be able to run away from this place and never have to come or look back" says Miyo my best friend and she's like a sister to me, everyone here has treated her much worse than me and yet she's still standing strong. I simply nod at her and give a small smile. The next day "Miss (y/n), master Saimori wants to see you this evening" one of servants says, I'm shocked just now, the master wants to see me? What's he gonna do to me? I nod at him "The master has also ordered for you to wear your best clothes" with that he leaves. That evening "Sir you wanted to see me?" I say my voice almost a whisper, master Saimori is the only person I've ever spoken to but even when I do speak with him I speak so soft it's almost a whisper. "Yes I did indeed call you I have got a marriage proposal for you" at hearing this I freeze in my place, and then Kaya and a boy I recall Miyo always talking to, he's names Kouji, but what's he doing with Kaya? "Looks like even though the peasant is ugly she still gets a proposal, it's probably from some old man anyway and he's probably gonna use her as he's slave" Kaya says, oh man I hate this woman so much "So (y/n) you will be leaving tomorrow, so I want you to pack your things" master Saimori says ignoring Kaya's comment. Tomorrow so soon? Well I guess it will be better for me I'll be out of this terrible place but then again what if Kaya's right? What if I will be in slavery again? Well I'm sure anywhere will be better than here, but what about Miyo? As if reading my thoughts the master reply "Miyo will be going with you" Miyo nods to that "So everythings finalized then tomorrow you two will be leaving" we both nod to Master Saimori and leave to our room. Miyo looks very sad, it's probably because of Kouji's arranged marriage with Kaya, I know even though Miyo might not have known herself but I know she had feelings for Kouji. I start rubbing her back gently trying to comfort her "I'm sorry you have to go through this" I say to her "No don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Anyway you will be getting married soon now. I just hope he's a good man?" she's says concerned for me "To be honest, I've given up all hope" I say sadly "Don't say that, I'm sure things will be better for us from now on, at least I hope so" I nod at her. The next day we pack our bags and leave the gates where I've lived have my life of torture I hope I never have to come back here ever. Now my new journey begins to meet my husband to be.