𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, complicated

blitzø wiped away the tears stream that ran down his cheeks. his eyes were swollen from all the senseless crying. and though he came to the roof for some fresh air, he wasn't sure why he started crying in the first place. "fuck moxie.. you can't sneak up on a guy like that." blitzø murmured, his voice horse and raspy. he faced away from the other imp shamefully, feeling pathetic for getting caught sobbing on a rooftop.

"y'know sir.. you can talk to me." moxie sat down next to him on the ledge, trying to give a comforting smile. blitzø looked at him then turned away.

taking a breath of the crisp air before speaking. "i know i should've visited.. but how could i knowing that i was the reason he was in that shit place to begin with." he admitted, hanging his head in guilt.

"im sorry sir, but chin up. i'm sure if you go apologize to stolas things will get better." the smaller one spoke with a soft smile, trying to lighten the mood. he placed his hand back on his boss's shoulder.

"not this time.. i really screwed up." blitzø uttered as he coiled back into a ball, bringing his knees to his chest. his lower lip quivered, "i'm the reason he got hurt.. maybe if i was there i-i could've made sure he was safe." water flooded his lower eyelids as he tried desperately not to let the droplets roll down his face.

moxie hummed, "well i agree, you're a complete asshole." he said, getting an annoyed glare from his boss. if moxie came to comfort him he wasn't doing a good job at it.

"but you can still fix your mistakes, right?" he stood and extended a hand down to the curled-up imp. he was reluctant to take his hand but after some convincing moxie was able to get him to his feet. blitzø knew what needed to be done, and as much as he hated admitting when he was wrong this time he needed to swallow his pride.

the smaller one wore a contagious smile which made blitzø crack a grin. "you do still love him after all." moxie teased, watching in amusement as his boss became flustered.

"i what? no- no no no, don't go throwing the 'l' word around.." blitzø pointed a finger at him, and moxie just rolled his eyes and started back towards the ladder. "you take that back right this instant!" moxie chuckled, it was nice to see he was back to his normal self.

"well it's true, you loveee him." the smaller cooed. blitzø watched as the other climbed down the ladder, leaving him once again alone with his thoughts. moxie's lame jokes actually sparked a fire in the older imp. all these confusing emotions and sudden outbursts weren't like him at all. maybe, just maybe he started falling for that bird brain after all.

***
a few days after the incident, blitzø found himself back in his office with the same question eating away at his mind. could he have really fallen in love with that privileged asshole? these thoughts brought up many confusing emotions for the troubled imp. no matter how much he wanted to see him again, there was no explanation that would justify no contact.

he fidgeted with a bobblehead on his desk, flicking it back and forth to cure his boredom. usually around this time stolas would call and ask how his day was, and they would chat for hours on end till another client showed up. but now business has slowed and the phone stayed silent. blitzø scrolled through some of their old messages, rereading some out of pure boredom.

prince: are you coming over with the book?

blitzy ❤️: lyke olways

prince: you don't feel like coming, that's ok! i'm sure i can do without it for one month.

blitzy ❤️: k

prince: do you plan to visit tomorrow? i know you've been busy, and working hard. maybe if you'd prefer, we can skip the bedroom and just relax maybe? i'm sure you need a break.

blitzy ❤️: wutevr u want, its ur night

prince: if you're not up for it, or too tired that is perfectly fine. no pressure don't have anything with the grik till ext month.

blitzy ❤️: mae bee

prince: maybe instead of our usual arrangement on the full moon we could properly catch up this week? maybe monday?

blitzy ❤️: i mite b bsuy

prince: wouldn't want to bother you!
you can always drop off the book on the full moon and i can leave it for you if you are too tired to do anything. but i would like to see you...

blitzy ❤️: git bevver swoon :(

prince: thank you blitz, that means a lot. i might be here a while, if you ever want to visit.

prince: maybe we can arrange a date of sorts when i get discharged of the hospital? we can catch up over a nice meal, or maybe even go to the movies.

prince: it has been a while since we've spoken. i know you have been busy with work and whatnot, but i'd really like to see you.

prince: the doctors say i should be able to leave in a week or two.

prince: have i done something to upset you?

he let a sigh fall from his lips as he laid his phone back on his desk. after what he did, how could he face stolas again. he was part of the reason that the prince got taken in the first place.

suddenly without warning the door to his office flew open causing him to jump. moxie stood in the doorway with milly not far behind. blitzø was about to yell at the imps for barging in without knocking, but the smaller one had other plans.

"sir, it's been a week, you can't keep living like this. you need to talk to him for everyone's sake." his office was basically his living room, with trash and beer bottles piled up on his desk. staying locked in his office drinking all day was doing more harm than good, and the rest of the employees were beginning to worry. "yeah you tell 'em hun." milly stood back and hyped up her husband.

"i dunno, he's probably still pissed off, maybe we should give him another week to cool down.." biltzø stalled. so many things he wanted to say, and yet he couldn't bring himself to go to his palace uninvited.

moxie, angered by this childish behavior, stormed into his office. they'd been trying for the past week to get him to rip off the bandaid and apologize already, but the stubborn imp constantly had an excuse. "either you go to him or we'll bring him to you."

blitzø groaned in annoyance, "threatening me mox? thats a low blow even for you." moxie glared at the other demon with an attempt to kill. when blitzø saw he was dead serious he let out a sigh. "fucking fine, geez i'll go talk to him."

"just tell him how you feel, i'm sure he will forgive you." milly encouraged in a cheery tone. blitzø headed to the door. "you've always been the smart one in the relationship mills." moxie stumbled over his words as his boss slithered out the entrance. "im off then, don't wait up for me."