February 8th, 2024

Dear Alice,

     I realized that Valentine's day is coming up. It has been unreal knowing that it's this close. The reminder or start of the "I love you's". The advertisements, screaming at you that you should buy this extremely expensive item because that's true love. You have the group that is disgusted by the pure thought of Valentine's day and the group who always plans stuff with their friends until one of them are whisked away by this romance that they didn't expect. Funny enough though I feel like I know you like the back of my hand, but I have no idea where you fall on this spectrum or if you actually are on it at all. You seem to be the hopeless romantic type. The type that loves love to death but also resents it. Do you deserve love or not? Is it avoiding you? Maybe it wasn't meant for you in this lifetime? Honestly, I feel the same way too. Maybe love is just taking its time with us. Maybe it's waiting for us to embrace the love around us instead of constantly chasing something already there. Maybe we are just blind to the love we need and searching for a love we want that is not so healthy. Maybe love wants us to open up our hearts instead of constantly waiting for someone to come and bulldoze our walls down. Maybe it is just a waiting game. Maybe love is tired of people using its name in the wrong context that it has retired. But that's just my thoughts. I can't really say I know love at all. Them and I are not great friends. At this point I am kind of its stalker. I wonder what your perspective on love is? Are you a hopeless romantic? Or can you barely stand to hear that word?  Add these questions to a list I have for you. I just wanted to say if you celebrate Valentine's day then Happy Valentine's Day.

Sincerely,

Hatter