crying, but with comfort

This is a random little thought I had a little bit ago, is does include characters I made and they're in the other story I posted on here.

‼️MENTIONS OF ABUSE.‼️
.
.

Aura continued to cry shamelessly into Silas’ shoulder. Silas rubbed his back and shoulder reassuringly to comfort him and make him feel better. Occasionally he would whisper in his ear that everything would be okay, and then give him sweet and tender kisses all over his face. Wiping his tears away and shushing as he hiccuped. His whole body shook and his usual glow was completely gone. He looked as if someone had broken him. “What happened, baby?” He asked softly. “Nothing.. It was just my mom…” he whispered before his eyes started to water again. There was a noticeable bruise on his right elbow. Aura hid his face in the crook of Silas neck before the tears started again. Silas soothed his hair and held him close. He whispered positive affirmations in his ear, wanting nothing but to make the boy in his arms happy again. As much as he loved Aura, he hated how kind he would be to his mother and give her all of these second chances when his mother did not reciprocate. She never did. All she does is manipulate and hurt him back. Aura is way too kind for his own good and he hates seeing how his own naivety is hurting him. “.. Silas?” “Yes dear?” Aura stopped hiding and looked into Silas’ eyes. “Please don't be mad… but… I do want to go back…” Aura hesitated and avoided eye contact. “.. You can't be serious, Aura-” Silas stopped himself. He knew getting angry at him would just make it worse. He didn't want that, but he also wanted him to understand how stupid and dangerous that was. “You can stay here, sweetie I promise. It's no problem, and, I just, I don't want you going back there with all that she does..” He tried to say it as nicely as possible. “I-I know, but I want to convince her. I want her to see it from my point of view, and just leaving isn't going to accomplish that.. Plus, Ci-ci is still there and I don't want to just leave her..” Ci-ci was Aura's little sister. “.. Okay. It is ultimately your choice, just know, at the end of the day I am always right here for you. Don't hesitate to call, text, or come over if anything happens, okay?” He lifted his head up to really look at him, and Aura smiled slightly, knowing that someone was there for him. “Yea, I know. Thanks.” He wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug. “Of course babe,” he hugged him back and planted a sweet kiss on his forehead.