Chp.15

Authors Pov~
Aarohi stood at the stairs, confused. She couldn't make out why her mom looked so shocked and in disbelief, and why her dad had that smug smile on his face. She went upstairs a little, so she could her the conversation without being seen.

"W-why? You....you're just like him....I never thought you would turn out to -" Her mom was cut off by her father replying, "Oh just shut up Smrita, stop being so innocent. It's evident that I acted along so that I could get the property of *OUR* haveli." He said, putting pressure on the word "our. " Smrita scoffed, choking back the tears, and finally spoke the words that Aarohi never imagined to hear. "Oh, so you want a divorce? Hell, I divorced you before you ask for one. Aarohi and Amrita will be with me forever, and so will this house and *MY* haveli. Now, humare nazro se dafaa ho jao!" Her mom shouted, sniffling and crying.

And just when the conversation couldn't have worsened, Aarohi heard a slap. And she took in the dreadful sight she had wished to never see in her life. Her mom stood there, her hand on cheek, her puffy eyes were red from crying so much. Aarohi's jaw clenched when she saw her dad, who looked so proud after causing a traumatic scene in the house. He did not seem to have slightest regret of whatever he had said. He looked at Aarohi, and smugly, he said, "That's why I said, know your place. And you, you dumb innocent women don't deserve to leave this house. You are only made for the KITCHEN, so better stay in the limit. And you, dumb innocent kid, better understand because I dont think you would like to risk anything after seeing the consequences that happened to your pitiful mother, would you? So stay where you are, coward little piece of shit." With that, he scoffed at the mother and daughter and turned to leave the house. Just as he took a step outside, her mother mumbled, "Mark my words Mr. Divij....You will soon see where the limits of a woman is, and it will be way ahead of you. Tum sab mard ek din har maan hi loge....tab tak ke liye aish karo. jald milenge Mr. D for dhokebaaz."

Aarohi felt a stab, and her stomach dropped after hearing the conversation. Her hands were trembling, and she stumbled back to her empty room as Amrita was at work. She stiffled her cries and tried to get herself to sleep in between her mom and dads shouting.

Time skip~
At Jay and Ishans house~

Both of the brothers were at work, and their mom, Shreya Mishra, was at home, talking to her friend, who was actually Smrita Shukla.
She looked concerned after hearing Smrita sniffling and crying. After a whole conversation that lasted for almost an hour, Shreya cut the call before saying, "Tum bilkul fikar mat karo, I'm here to help you, alright? Aur ye mard sab ek jaati ke hote hai. They're all the same. Tum tension mat lo okay? And call me whenever you feel like you need company. Theek hai? Dhyaan rakhna."

?? Pov~
I chuckled darkly to myself, as my screen showed the call ended. And just like this, I finally recorded their call. And oh, how would they know that men are to be feared. And these naive, fragile, innocent women are only here to bow down to us. But,
Looks like they need to be proved who belongs where.

The next day~
At the college

Authors POV-
Reyha and Aarohi are walking downstairs after completing their lectures, when a guy accidentally barges into them. (More like "purposely" barges into "Reyha" 🤭)
"Ugh, watch where you're going - YOU AGAIN?!?!" Reyha almost screamed, but Aarohi covered her mouth awkwardly as other students turned their heads to see what was going on. "Oh, I'm sorry - or maybe I'm not. Looks like Destiny is giving signals." Karan said, winking dramatically. Aarohis eyes widened in shock, here head turning to Reyha. Reyha shook her head, nonchalantly, and made a gagging sound. "Bleh never. Atleast not with YOU." Reyha said, and she was about to walk away with Aarohi when Karan turned her around from her wrist.

"I assume you haven't told her about the request I put forth, huh? Well, what can i expect from you, anyways, hey Aarohi, I'm Karan. Nice to meet ya. Well, uh, I know this all might be a lot to process for you suddenly, but I think I need the haveli. Because I am an actor in making and I really need that place for my upcoming movie. Oh, and I promise you first free tickets to my movie, any seat you want, any -" Before he can complete, Aarohi giggles. "Baap re, do you even stop between sentences? Dude, chill, and well, Im sorry, but why would you ask my permission for that?" Aarohi said. "Ummm, dont you know, that haveli belongs to your ancestors?" Karan said, confused.

It was another stab in Aarohi's heart. She couldn't believe her ears. Aarohi stiffened and quickly turned around, unexpectedly leaving for home, ignoring Reyha and Karan, who were shouting and sprinting behind her to ask her what was wrong and to stay back. But Aarohi's mind was spinning with the sudden news. She couldn't understand what was going on, and her brain refused to accept that her family had hidden news from her that other people already knew about.

Reaching home, she headed right upstairs, not bothering to answer her mom, who kept getting more tensed after whatever had been happening.

Meanwhile~
At the Roys house-

Aaryan's Pov~

I was sitting on the balcony swing, listening to music on headphones when I got a call from Aarohi. And surprisingly, she was crying?!?! I quickly sat up straight and asked her, "Hey, are you alright? Kya hua? Kisine kuch bola kya? Don't cry." But, the way she was crying uncontrollably, i dont think she was gonna stop crying soon. After almost what felt like an hour, Aarohi finally spoke. And after hearing that, I wished I never heard it because.....

.

.

.

Ummm yeah so thats all for this chapter I won't really be posting till the next few weeks, so yeah hope yall understand!
And also, please forgive me if there are any mistakes or plot holes in the chps, I'm still trying to improve<3

Till then stay tuned, and do check out my acc on insta~ @author.isaa ^^
And don't forget to vote and comment!! Take care and stay safe lovlies<3 With love, Author isa♡