Epilogue

I never thought my life could change so quickly in such a good way.

On Maxon's 21st birthday, we all receive the wonderful news that America is pregnant. I don't think I've ever seen my mother so happy as the moment the two of them announced their pregnancy. I always knew that she would be the best grandmother ever, since she didn't have the opportunity to have more children than she would have liked.

We are all surprised by the revelation that America is pregnant with twins, a boy and a girl. As soon as the discovery is made, Maxon and America try to change the law so that if the girl is born first, she will be the future queen of Illéa. And that's exactly what happens: my niece Eadlyn Schreave is born seven minutes before her brother Ahren. Maxon and America have two more boys after the twins: Kaden and Osten. Eadlyn is incredibly similar to my mother, while Ahren and Kaden look like copies of Maxon, and Osten is more like America.

My mother finally has her dream of a big family come true.

Speaking of Mom, I make sure she's in the delivery room with me (as well as Celeste) for the birth of my daughter, her granddaughter: Aria Schreave, in honor of my maid. Thanks to artificial insemination technology, Celeste and I were able to fulfill our dream of having a family together, a daughter who is biologically ours. Aria couldn't be a more perfect blend of the two of us.

The palace has never been more inhabited, and I'm very happy about that. In addition to Maxon, America, my niece, nephews, Mom, Celeste and our daughter, the palace is home to Leah (who I offered a retirement, but she insisted on continuing to work), Marlee (who I discovered had been hiding in the palace during the Selection) and her husband Carter and their children Kile and Josie.

I've never been as immensely happy as I am right now, also knowing that everyone I love has had the chance of a happy ending.