Action

"You forgot to wear a shirt." I greet my brother the next day as I hear footsteps in the kitchen, and I don't bother to look up from my cereal. I know he's like shirtless every morning anyways.

    "What?" I snap up to see a girl only wearing one of Grant's oversized shirts,and nothing else. I raise my eyebrows, ready for her whining and little pouts.

    "Who're you?" She asks, putting her hands on her hips and looking me up and down. I smile at her and wash my cereal bowl, shrugging.

     "I'm Grant's girlfriend." I inform her, and in seconds, her eyes are widening and she's running up the twirling stairs of our house. I laugh at her foolishness. It always works, and it's like the only way I can get those huge arses out of my house. I'm still laughing over the fact that she could believe me, looking much younger than Grant, and nearly identical, was Grant's new girl.

     I eye myself in the mirror and decide to get ready downstairs as I know a ruckus will be performed upstairs for my brother, and I don't wanna hear it. I brush my teeth and my hair, making a French braid and grabbing my favourite sweater overtop my button down shirt and tights, plus my favourite combat boots.

    I grab my bag and also put on lip gloss, a nude eyeshadow, a tiny line of eyeliner, and I'm ready to go. I hear shouting upstairs but it doesn't last for long, since the girl is running down the stairs with her cellphone and shorts on, for gods sake, it's Autumn, she's gonna catch a cold or some shit, but it doesn't look like she cares. "Grant, I'm ready to go! " this is one of the most annoying parts. Driving with your player brother.

     He doesn't reply, so I run upstairs and find him posting a selfie on Instagram. I grab his phone and see his shirtless selfie with already has ten likes. I groan and roll my eyes, throwing him back his iPhone. He avoids my contact and I narrow my eyes at him. "You may be mad at me for making that girl leave, but, that was my only choice."

     Then I turn on my heel and quickly walk over downstairs, grab my bag, and exit the house. Twenty minutes later, he comes, and I realize that I just might be late for English, which I'm going to dread. My English teacher? King Of Sarcasm. He screams, he shouts, he stomps, but when he's in a good mood, he's really funny.

     "Hey, Grant, look at me." I order as he parks the car inside the parking lot of my high school, and also his high school that he always ditches, and since our parents passed away long ago, he has advantages of staying home and slacking off.

    "What?" He snaps, and his eyes look into mine. I smile at him, but he doesn't return it. And that's what I expect from the biggest player in this smaller town.

"Have a good day." I tell him, and then leave the car. I soon hear him exit the car, too. He goes to the same school as me.

I did that partially to annoy him, and partially because I want my brother to be a normal, overprotective brother who acts much more like my older brother, not my younger brother. Grant is really overprotective when it comes to boys, for me, but he can be so irresponsible at home that all these things are wiped away.

"Sam! " I shout, and my best friend, sprints over to me with open arms. I laugh and hug her.

"Hey, Carla, " she says, and her dark eyes gleam. We're the best friends ever. Ever heard that saying 'Every Blonde Needs A Brunette'? Well that explains my whole social life, because my best friend is a brunette while I'm a blonde.

     "What's up?" I ask her, and she comes closer and we sit down on a school bench in the nice breeze flowing freely. The streets are filled with busses and cars, along with a bunch of teenagers. They all look different; some goth ish, some nerdy, some really rich and some normal class.