✧2-I find the moon at night strangely empty

₊˚.🕸️🕷️⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ᶻ

*beep beep beep*

Phoenix sat up quickly, pink-purple hair flying in every which way as she slammed her hand on her alarm clock, accidentally breaking it.

'Great! now I need ANOTHER alarm clock.' Phoenix thought, rolling out of her bed, putting on her smiley face slippers 'it took me forever to fall asleep.' she had been up until 1:40 that night lost in her thoughts looking at the moon, a recurring habit of hers.

Walking to her dresser Phoenix slipped off her Pajamas, grabbed her pink and purple spider suit, a pair of baggy jeans a T-shirt and zip-up jacket and rushed into her bathroom throwing on her suit, and her 'regular' clothes to hide it.

After brushing her hair and teeth and throwing on some shoes Phoenix finally made her way to the cafeteria for breakfast.

***

After she had grabbed a chocolate croissant and some fruits Phoenix made her way to her usual table to eat her food alone per-usual until something made her stop in her tracks.

"Oi Phe!" Phoenix heard a familiar voice yell to her as she did a full 180.

"Oh, Hi Hobie" Phoenix responded in a much lower voice although many of the other spider-people were already looking between them.

"Come sit with me and Gwendy!" Hobie yelled toward her again brushing his shoulder against Gwen's as she rolled her eyes at his antics.

"Okay?" she said back her voice rising slightly, confused with Hobie's sudden infatuation with her as she silently walked to the table, sitting across from the two.

"Hi Phoenix" Gwen waved at Phoenix a smile stretching across her face.

"Hey Gwen!" Phoenix responded brightly with a quick smile.

"Oh you two know each other?" Hobie asked while gesturing between the two girls.

"Yeah! Me and Phoenix met not too long before you joined, we don't talk much she's quite the loner" Gwen told Hobie who was giving Phoenix a look that said 'i'm not surprised'

Hobie cracked a smile towards Phoenix "Yeah, that loner bit isn't much of a shocker"

"Ha yeah, I tend to just hang around don't I?" Phoenix replied with a smile, although her head hung low as she simply stared at the food in front of her, taking small bites here and there.

"Oi cheer up Phe! you can hang 'round with us now!" Hobie shouted at me, throwing an arm around Phoenix.

"Oh my god Hobie you can't keep picking up spider-people off the side of the road-" Gwen scolded Hobie laughing at the shocked look on Phoenix's face.

"Hey, he did NOT find me off the side of the road, he found me in a random hallway" Phoenix clarified trying hard to keep from smiling, crossing her arms across her chest and cocking her head to the side.

"That's true, I was walking down the hallway mindin' my business and she runs right into me! very rude of her i'll tell ya" Hobie explains their meeting in a very over-exaggerated manor flinging his arms around in an attempt to get his 'point' across.

"Hey! that's only half of what happened and you know it! and I apologized for running into you" Phoenix yelled back taking the final bite of her food.

"Yeah by saying you didn't notice me!" Hobie yelled pointing out her 'rudeness' in question.

 "Alright you two, be quiet your arguing like an old married couple" a new voice joined in on the conversation.

"Peter! Hi! I haven't seen you in forever, how's Mayday?" Phoenix immediately recognized Peter's voice and turned around to see a small child in front of her face.

"Why don't you ask her yourself Phoenix?" Peter's face peaked out from behind Mayday with a proud smile on his face.

"Oh my god! Hi Mayday, she's so cute look at her little hat!" Phoenix exclaimed at the small baby giving her face soft pinches.

"Yeah yeah the kid's cute we get it, what's up Peter?" Hobie said kicking his feet up, clearly seeing through Peter's facade.

"Miguel needs all of us, it's about Miles." Peter said a sad look crossing his face as he looked behind Phoenix to see Gwen who's face had turned blank.

"Um, I'm sorry, am I supposed to know who Miles is?" Phoenix broke the sudden silence her gaze fluttering between Peter and Gwen.

"You'll find out soon enough kid, follow us" Peter said simply, turning to walk away.

"Come on Phe, let's go" Hobie said to Phoenix stretching out a hand for her to take.

As she took his hand Phoenix felt a tickle in the back of her throat, and chose to ignore it figuring it to be nothing.

Following Hobie and the others to Miguel's "office" her mind went back to the tickle in her throat 'Hm I must be getting sick or something, that's probably why I couldn't sleep last night'

Oh how wrong she was.

₊˚.🕸️🕷️⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧ᶻ

[𓆩♡𓆪]Libby had something to say!

I know its a little soon for the hanahaki to be kicking in, but i figured that Phoenix doesnt realize why she had been to interested in Hobie so far, and doesnt realize her feelings have grown so much and all that sooo-

I really hope this chapter is good because i tried to get a good layout for it-

thanks for reading!

this chapter has over 780 words!

 ✩fun fact! Scotland chose the unicorn as its national animal

thanks for reading, please leave a silly comment!