48

~Chapter 48~

"Your Majesty, you don't have to be polite. Today is Your Majesty's birthday. Gu Jin has made a mistake. I want to take back the demigod artifact that I promised to lend to Her Highness the Princess for one year." 

As soon as Gu Jin said these words, the hall fell into silence. 

A Demigod Artifact that they borrowed for a year? Could it be a Sky-Shielding Umbrella? Given the friendly relationship between Da Ze Mountain and Bainiao Island, they disregarded the tens of thousands of years-old law prohibiting them from getting involved in disputes inside the immortal realm and instead lent God Dong Hua's artifact to defend the Peacock Clan. After considering the significance of Immortal Lord Gu Jin's remarks, is the rumor reliable? 

The immortal lords from each faction looked at each other and exchanged glances with each other. 

The Peacock King was also stunned. Hua Shu's expression changed and she was about to stand up, but Hua Mo and Lan Feng secretly held her shoulders down at the same time. Lan Feng shook his head towards her. 

Hua Mo gave Hua Shu a calm look, still majestic and kind, looked at Gu Jin, raised his voice slightly, "Immortal Lord Gu Jin is saying that...?" 

Since Gu Jin sent someone to say that he would no longer take the Sky-Shielding Umbrella, what on earth did he want to do? 

"Your Majesty." Gu Jin spoke slowly: "I was naughty when I was young. The Princess protected me in Wutong Island and I will always remember it in my heart. Therefore, I lent the Sky-Shielding Umbrella and the Dazzling Star Phoenix Crown to the Princess. The Eagle Clan provoked, and now the crisis on Bainiao Island has been eliminated. Da Ze Mountain has the rules and never intervenes in the disputes between factions. Although I knows that it is inappropriate, I want to get the Phoenix Crown back in advance. Please forgive me. ." 

He paused for a moment, then suddenly looked towards Hua Shu with clear eyes, "As for the Sky-Shielding Umbrella, I heard that the Princess lost her immortal power in the battle with King Yan Qiu, so I gave this umbrella to the princess in repayment of the Princess's help in Wutong." 

Hua Shu's refinement of the Sky-Shielding Umbrella was the real reason the artifact could not be returned; he concealed it as a gift on his own. This was not mentioned. This was Gu Jin's final repayment for Hua Shu's kindness. 

After Gu Jin finished speaking, there was a lot of noise in the palace. The expressions on the faces of all the young immortals were very exciting. They kept thinking in their hearts that Da Ze Mountain was indeed a giant in the immortal realm, and he actually used a demigod weapon to repay his kindness. This was too generous. 

 Only the old master and the leaders of various sects, who were qualified and had enough status, heard the true meaning of Gu Jin's words, and their eyes wandering between Gu Jin and Hua Mo couldn't help but have a hint of meaning.

Despite having a long history in the immortal realm, Bainiao Island has always been regarded as a second-rate sect because of the strength of the Phoenix Clan. Particularly considering that Hua Mo was hurt during his battle with Yan Qiu and could not always wield his immortal power. The Peacock Clan hasn't had a very useful son in the second generation in a few thousand years. Bainiao Island would have quietly declined if not for the appearance of the stunning and formidable Princess Hua Shu.