♟️ ;-- PROLOGUE 2

"A cardboard box of blank photographs."

Just like in a game of chess, you have to think your moves and your opponents moves. It can prove if you're good enough, or stupid enough for the challenge. 

The game is easy to understand, you win or lose.

There are pieces on the board, important or not, they are sacrifices for your own gain. If you lose a piece, it's a lose for you. But if you get a piece, it can be either brilliant or blunder.
Yet, how can you know if it's smart or stupid? With your brain.

You have to focus on your brain, not your heart. Because if you do, you'll end up losing anyway. Even if you use your brain, there's a chance you might not win anyway.

When you lose, there are mix emotions and reactions happening all at once, outside or inside.
You'll feel dread, anxiety, stressed, troubled, betrayed, annoyed, agony, or even death itself.

But when you win, all of those negative emotions will go away and you'll experience joy and happiness. You will feel like you're on top of the world and nobody can beat you, you're at your prime, nobody is stopping you. 

Lungs.
They keep you alive, and you inhale everything with it. But when you inhale something, your lungs will feel pain and agony.
Just like losing.

Brain.
Can you trust it? Can you trust your own organ? You can, because it makes you trust in itself.
Just like your pieces.

Heart.
You don't listen to it, you only listen to your brain. Your heart can shatter anytime you abuse it, mentally and physically. 

-----

"Kalizverine, you're improving a lot!" A teacher proudly announced to her student, seemingly pleased with the result recorded on a Report Card.

"Oh, okay." Kalizverine took no interest on what her result recorded on the Report Card as she stood like a ghost, unmoving and unnerving. Rude.

She stared at the teacher, blanking out as her teacher continued to rant how much she loved and is impressed how much Kalizverine improved all over the semesters. It was clear that Kalizverine took no interest what the teacher was ranting about nor didn't care what the teacher will feel, she wanted to get out of the conversation and go home already.

Her ears were starting to ache so much from the teacher's rant, but stood still and tried to bear the loud ranting. I mean, pain is pain, it'll all go away soon

"And Kalizverine, you have to work on something too..." Suddenly, those words hit like a knife through the chest.

"All of your subjects have a line of nine, but not Physical Education, with a eighty-nine." Right after, Kalizverine sighed yet kept a stern expression. She felt tired of hearing it.

"We will converse with this next time, Miss Darnwei." Kalizverine replied back, giving her teacher her ID to keep it safe.

Redcliff students have to give their ID's to their teachers for safe keeping and attendance, it's a dumb policy of course. Afterall, this semester sucks anyway.

"Very well, Kalizverine."

Right after the approval of tomorrow's scheduled meeting with her teacher, Kalizverine instantly want hasting to exit the classroom, and there she was outside, gone from the ranting.

Despite her being a student at a prestigious Academy, she's described as blunt and easily angered by her classmates. Often seen staring at students with intensity, and speaking in a tone that signals threatening, yet Kalizverine herself didn't want to be described like this.

"I just want somebody to understand me."

---

YUMA KALIZVERINE - STUDENT OF SECTION 1.5

- Long, black hair, and two buns at the back

- Pale, white skin

- A white jacket unzipped

- Red uniform with a black tie

- A goldish hair-clip on the end of her bangs

- Black fingerless gloves

- Long white socks

- Brown eyes

- White to yellow, flower piece on the right side of her hair

- Two red scrunchies, tieing her buns