1st Meeting

Hair as dark as the night. Eyes that glow like emeralds. Slytherin robe that matches his appearance.

     Xaine sighed as he sat under a shaded tree with his eyes closed. Sun peeked through the leaves, making his 4mm black stud on his 2nd ear lobe, and his double helix stand out.

His eyes snapped open when he heard a rustling sound on the tree he was underneath.

"Who's there?"

"Oh.. um.. sorry to bother you!" A girl with pastel peachy orange hair said sheepishly. One of her sky blue eyes shined beside her eyepatch as she shifted on the tree's branch nervously.

"..What are you doing here?"

"Uh.. well.. this tree just looked fun to climb!" The girl chuckled awkwardly as she twirled a strand of her hair.

Xaine stared at her suspiciously.

"I really didn't mean to bother you!! I was just drawn to the way the branches swung with the wind."

"Right."

"No lies. Scout's honor." The girl gave a lopsided grin.

"Sure."

The girl positioned herself to be hanging upside down from the branch.

Xaine watched her warily.

The girl then did a backflip, "Tadah!"

Xaine gave her a side eye.

"Could you do a backflip too??"

Xaine scoffed, but didn't answer as he sat back down on the trunk of the tree.

"I guess it wasn't that impressive, huh? I was a cheerleader since I was little. So, I know how to do cartwheels, backflips, front flips, splits, somersaults and well.. I guess that's kind of boring.."

Xaine didn't answer as he closed his eyes, hoping she would leave.

The girl looked at him curiously, "I guess you're pretty tired.. I'll wait nearby in case you want someone to talk to."

Xaine groaned, "What will it take you to leave me alone?"

"Well, you could ask me to go.. but you just seem so lonely!"

"I'm not."

"Let me just keep you company for a while! At least until someone else comes along!"

Xaine sighed, "I don't need anyone's company."

"Everyone feels lonely some time."

"Not me."

"Are you sure?" The girl asked with a tilt of her head.

"Yes!" Xaine said with exasperation.

"Alright~ I know when I'm not needed. But just to let you know, my name is Zayla. If you ever see me down the halls, don't be afraid to say hi."