Mixed Emotions

"Well.. it's getting late." Xaine muttered. He didn't want the day to end. But he knew that it can be dangerous as night falls.

Zayla nodded in agreement, "We should head back. Thanks for coming with me."

"No problem." Xaine murmured as he got up.

"We should do it again sometime!"

Xaine shrugged, "We'll see.."

Zayla smiled cheekily as she got up, "I know you'll want to explore again sooner or later."

Xaine rolled his eyes slightly.

"You know I'm right~" Zayla said as she poked his arm slightly.

"Let's get going." Xaine muttered as he walked away.

Zayla pouted slightly, but quickly followed after him.

The town looks slightly scary as the nice warm sun began to fade.

Zayla shivered slightly as a gust of wind went around her. She held Xaine's arm nervously.

"What are you doing?"

"Could you spare some of your heat? It's a bit cold."

Xaine yanked his arm back, "You got your robe. You'll be fine."

"But- "If you want to be warm, then hurry up so we don't lose the sun."

Zayla frowned slightly, but didn't say anymore. She hoped that going to hogsmeade would get them to be closer.. but did she make a mistake? Could she have accidentally caused a bigger gap between them..

Xaine glanced at Zayla a few times to make sure she was keeping up. It's not like he didn't care for Zayla's touch. But it made him feel tingly inside.. he didn't like that feeling. It was a bit awkward. Plus it's dark outside and he wants to stay on guard in case anything were to appear. If she was on him, Xaine would worry that she would become a distraction or target. He means well in his own way.

Zayla trudged behind him, glancing at the shadows warily. When suddenly a vine yanked her ankle causing her to yelp out in surprise.

"Xaine!" Zayla called as she was dragged away. But Xaine didn't notice her disappearance until it was too late.

 But Xaine didn't notice her disappearance until it was too late