chapter 5 ⚠️

I watched the men retreat into the woods, their guns flashing in the moonlight, as they wiped away the dirt and blood from their armor.

I stood silently, eventually slowing my breaths as the suit automatically retracted and disappeared into a small button on the back of my neck. Easily accessible.

I could hear the groans of my friends behind me, I turned to see Willy, Omar, and Aasim putting back all the things they flipped over for cover.

Nala was still biting on one of the guards who made the mistake of wandering into her din.
I watched the blood ooze down her teeth and lips onto the ground as the flashback of Naylie's blood came to me.

Flashback
I cried and sobbed in the white room I knew as home, the cool breeze circled me and caused my body to shiver, as a response I curled up into a small ball since there were no covers.

The bed creaked of age and I sniffled, I heard a commotion outside but wasn't all too bothered until I heard gunshots. The blood-curdling screams mixed with multiple rounds of gunshots.

I ran to the door and listened, I stopped crying momentarily, I hoped that this was an excuse to get out.
I heard footsteps approaching my door, I thought it was a caretaker but when the door opened it was an unknown man.

The tall man had on an all-black suit with a pink bowtie and a metal rose pendant on his coat, his large black beard looked clean, and shaved. He sported black shades and had his hair neatly combed for presentation.

I trembled when the man reached a hand out towards me and smirked.
There was no way I was going to go with him, I stumbled backward and tried to hide under my bed, I looked at him as he tried to close the distance between us but to no avail. The man was shot directly in the back of the head leaving a small hole in the forehead, the bullet pounded the wall just above my mattress as I shrieked.

The man's lifeless body fell limp to the ground and revealed a more threatening presence behind, a more feminine figure stood tall with one arm extended and the very gun at the end.

She had round ears and a black body with a large yellow mark on the chest, her face had only one single hole for oxygen and two painted lines that represented eyes.

The woman walked into my room and crouched in front of me, her mask retracted and revealed a gentle woman with long brown hair and silver eyes.

She stretched out a hand towards me with a soft smile, her eyes gleamed into mine as I took her offer.

She pulled me from under the bed and held both my hands in hers, letting her eyes scan over my frame, she furrowed her brows at my scars and bruises.

"Damn bastards" she mumbled.
I slowly got up and looked at her, she smiled and slowly traced a finger along the scar I had on my arm, it was from my first night in the pin, I had just gotten into a big fight with two boys who had mocked the fact that my parents didn't want me.

I asked them multiple times to stop and they wouldn't, one day they stole and broke an old necklace I had that my best friend Mariana had given me, and I was pissed.

I ended up killing one, and spent 4 weeks in the hole, only getting food and water every Wednesday and Sunday as punishment.

I frowned and began crying once more, only this time I was comforted by her arms being wrapped around my body and tightly squeezed.
"It's okay dear, you'll come with me and I look after you." She said and for the first time in a while, I was happy.

Fin

I looked at Nala, the bone-crunching and sloppy smack made me flinch.
Looking back I noticed everything was, for the most part, back to normal.
AJ had come out of the manor and was standing right next to me, I paid no mind to him because I knew exactly what he was thinking. "Dira?" He looked up at me.