STARBOY | 45

AS SOON AS CHOI MISO'S BODY WAS SUBMERGED INTO THE BLUE WATER, SHE FELT AS IF HER LIFE HAD BEEN SUCKED FROM HER

The mix of the warm and cold temperatures made Miso's heartbeat pound against her chest, her lungs felt tight — almost like she was starved of air — and her ears muffled all sounds around her. For a moment, she had forgotten where she was. She felt relaxed and at peace with her eyes shut tightly, though that was snatched away from her as she was pulled back up for air.

Immediately, she heard the laughter of her friends and she let out a long gasp, desperate to take in the fresh air. She reached up and rubbed the salty water from her eyes before looking around for Niki, who had pulled her up.

He was beside her with a wide, boxy smile on his lips as he watched her let out a few coughs. His hair was wet, and hanging loosely in front of his eyes, his collarbones were prominent above the surface, and he had droplets of water slipping down his neck.

He looked attractive, and Miso found herself at a loss for words as stated back at him. He really was perfect.

She was pulled from her trance as Niki wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him, her arms instantly wrapping around his neck and the same for her legs, which went around his waist.

"Fun, right?" Niki chuckled, looking at her as he moved a few wet strands of hair from Miso's face.

"I guess," Miso scoffed out a laugh, a smile tugging at her lips as the excitement from being around the Nishimura boy sunk in. "Apart from the thought of possibly dying though." She shrugged, and Niki rolled his eyes, leaning in a kissing her cheek, lovingly.

"Chicken time!" The couple heard Ria exclaim, and without any say, Miso was quickly hauled up onto Niki's shoulders.

Her eyes widened and a squeal left her lips as her body was now out of the water and exposed to everyone else — but she didn't care. She was having the time of her life with her friends.

"You're going down, Choi." Ria, who was now on Sunghoon's shoulders, glared her eyes at Miso with a warning tone lacing her voice. All the younger girl could do was chuckle and shake her head.

"The only thing going down after this is your ego, and that's after your shoved back into the water." Miso shrugged, smirking slightly at Ria.

Miso couldn't help but feel herself cringe at her own words, but she quickly ignored it as she focused on the boys' 'ooos' and cheers, and before anyone knew it, the game had begun.

Never in Choi Miso's seventeen years of living, did she think she would have as much fun as she was having now, but as she felt Niki's grip on her thighs tighten the more she pushed at the Sim girl, and she heard the groups laughter surrounding her ears and felt Jungwon and Jake splash water at them, she no longer thought like that. She was having the time of her life, and she didn't want that to change.