First Kiss

WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC! IF YOU ARE HOMOPHOBIC, fuck off and go die in a hole.

A hesitant smile played on his lips, tinged with the thrill of shared secrets and unspoken desires.

"Not just anywhere," Achilles responded, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Remember the cove I showed you the other day? The one hidden beyond the north cliffs?"

Patroclus' eyebrows shot up. The cove was a secluded haven, a place they had stumbled upon during one of their early explorations. The thought of being there alone with Achilles, the sun warming their skin and the waves lapping at their feet, sent a delicious shiver down his spine.

"Are you suggesting...?" His voice trailed off, the question hanging heavy in the air.

Achilles winked, a playful glint in his eyes. "Training can always wait. Besides, wouldn't a little pre-combat practice sharpen our reflexes?"

Patroclus couldn't help but grin. Achilles always knew how to push his buttons, turning a mundane suggestion into a playful adventure. "Lead the way, hero," he chuckled, the nervous edge to his voice replaced by a surge of anticipation.

They exited the tent, the cool morning air invigorating after the warmth of their slumber. As they walked towards the training grounds, their laughter echoed playfully through the camp. The other trainees watched with amused curiosity, used to the close bond between the inseparable pair.

The training session was a blur of mock duels and laughter. Achilles seemed to move with renewed energy, his attacks imbued with an extra dash of playful ferocity. Patroclus mirrored his enthusiasm, their synchronized movements more like a playful dance than a serious fight.

Finally, exhaustion claimed them, and they collapsed onto the cool grass, panting and laughing. The sun beat down on them, warming their sweat-soaked bodies. It was then that Achilles' eyes gleamed with mischief again.

"Remember your pre-combat promise, little friend?" he teased, pointing towards the distant cliffs.

Patroclus smirked, understanding flickering in his eyes. "Never one to break a promise, especially when it involves you."

They reached the cove just as the sun dipped towards the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink. The secluded beach was quiet, the only sounds the gentle lapping of the waves and the calls of distant gulls.

With playful jabs and feigned attacks, they stripped off their sweat-soaked clothes, leaving them naked and cold. It felt amazing.

Their initial splashing soon devolved into playful wrestling, laughter echoing across the cove. Achilles would grapple Patroclus, only to be playfully thrown into the water with a triumphant shriek. Patroclus would then chase him, the chase ending in another joyous splash.

Their laughter gradually subsided, replaced by a comfortable silence. As the last rays of the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows on the beach, they found themselves floating side-by-side, gazing at the star-studded sky.

A comfortable silence stretched between them, filled with unspoken understanding and shared feelings. Achilles turned to Patroclus, his eyes mirroring the reflected moonlight. He leaned in, and their lips met in a kiss, soft and tender, infused with the warmth of the day and the unspoken words hanging in the air.

The kiss was a promise, a whispered secret shared under the cloak of night, a taste of the forbidden freedom they yearned for. And as they pulled away, breathless and smiling, they knew their adventure had just begun.