Siete

Adira’s POV

I walked into my bathroom, sighing as I  looked at my reflection in the mirror. I hated having to deal with Alessandro but yesterday at the event wasn’t that bad, but I needed this job. After all, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I turned the tap off and began to take off my makeup. I was exhausted, and this job was becoming all-consuming. I felt tired after dealing with Alessandro, and the thought of going back to the office made me feel even more tired.

I finished taking off my  makeup, and walked out of the bathroom. I was ready to go back to work.

Even if I didn’t want to.

I stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the hallway to my room to pick out a outfit for today. I hated dealing with the stress of dealing with Alessandro. Everything he said or did felt like an insult.

Sometimes.

My room was quiet as always, and it was calming. I wasn’t feeling very stressed, but I just couldn’t wait for the day to be over.

I stared at my closet, all my outfits felt too restrictive. I didn’t want to wear anything tight fitting today.

I saw a long sleeved, loose fitting black dress. It was exactly what I was looking for.

I tried on the dress, it was loose fitting and I loved every second of it. I looked in the mirror and finally felt good about myself for the first time that day.

I grabbed my keys and my bag, walking out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.
A cool breeze blew across my face as I walked out, and I took a deep breath of the fresh air.

The morning sun felt nice on my skin, and I felt refreshed a bit by it.

I walked to my car, putting my keys in the car, ready to drive to  work.

I sat down in my car, relaxing as I drove. It was early and traffic was light, but it would probably pick up by the time I reached the office.

I felt more relaxed on the drive, and I took in the scenery. The city was bustling with activity, and I even liked it a bit this morning.

Soon, I arrived at my office, parking my car and getting out. I walked into the building, walking past the front desk and towards my desk.

I went to my desk, sitting down and turning on my computer.The day was finally starting, and I was ready to get to work. It felt good to be in my element, and I was feeling much better than before.

I started to get to work on my tasks, feeling a bit more motivated than before.

I was working on the project when I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Alessandro, looking at me with his smug smirk. "You're early today," he said, sounding bored.

I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself calm.
"Yes, well, I wanted to get a head start on things today,"

I said, trying to sound professional.
"Why are *you* here in my office?" I asked, annoyed.

Shut up Adira. He is your boss.

Alessandro smirked.
"I just wanted to check in to see how things were going," he said. I could feel my blood boiling as he spoke.

Everything he said sounded condescending and rude.

"Well, I didn't realize you were checking up on me," I said, keeping my tone even and professional.

Alessandro smirked, leaning back against my desk. "Oh, I *always* have my eye on you," he said.

This guy was insufferable. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my computer, trying to focus on my work.

"Besides," he said, getting up and walking around the desk, "I have some business I need you to get done for me today."

I rolled my eyes again, annoyed.
"What is it?" I asked, already knowing that I wouldn't like it.

"I need the reports for the project we're working on done by the end of the day," he said.

"That's impossible," I said, "We are working on a massive project. It would take a week, at least, to get these completed."

Alessandro smirked. "That's what I thought you'd say," he said. "And that's why this is your job. You'll get them done by the end of the day."

"But- I cannot get them done by the end of the day-" I started to say.

Alessandro cut me off, "I don't want to hear any excuses. Just do your job, and get them done."

He walked over to me and put a hand on my back. "If you can't get this done, I'll find someone else who can," he said, leaning down and speaking in my ear.

I felt myself go flushed and angry at the same time.

"I will get them done," I said through my teeth, hating having to deal with him.

Alessandro laughed. "That's more like it," he said, walking over to his desk. "I'll be checking on your progress throughout the day. Don't let me down."

"Yes, sir," I hissed, not wanting to call him by his name.

Alessandro smirked. "Good girl," he said, sitting down and starting to work on his own stuff.
I sat back down at my computer and started work on the report. It was going to be a long day.
_________________________________

A/N; hope U guys like it ♥️