55

~Chapter 55~

Behind the stone gate of the underground palace, the bluestone paved ground leads directly to Huang Quan. Above the Wang Chuan River is the Nai He Bridge.

The imaginary realm behind the Nai He Bridge is the real place of death, the Nether Realm. 

The three of them had an unobstructed journey, and the bridge was quiet. Apparently there were no immortals, demons, gods, or demons reincarnated today. 

There was no shadow to be seen, not even by the yellow woman watching over the Nai He Bridge. They had great hopes when the three of them arrived. They were a little bored, and the road was empty. The three paused in front of the legendary stone that represented the destiny of three lives as they were about to cross the Nai He Bridge. 

"A Jin, look, this is the Three Lives Stone." A Yin pointed to the inconspicuous stone in the corner of Nai He Bridge, trying to look more natural, and said with some guilt: "I heard that if you make a wish on a stone, you can determine the fate of your three lives."  

"Oh? Is this stone really efficacious?" Gu Jin just understood what he was thinking, and when he heard what A Yin said, he felt a little moved. 

"Let's make a wish. Maybe we will meet the person we are destined to meet for three lifetimes soon?" A Yin smiled and waved to A Jin.

A Yin's suggestion was exactly what he wanted. Just as Gu Jin was about to step forward, a discordant voice rang out from the side.

"Hmph, do you believe the lies in human dramas to deceive children?" A Jiu hugged his chest and sneered, "This is all just to show off the ghosts who sacrifice their lives for love. Didn't you see the layer of dust on top? Besides, you immortals, who hasn't lived for tens of thousands of years? Why should we have three lives?  

To tell the truth, A Jiu's poisonous tongue abilities are unmatched. The two thoughtful people simply backed two steps in silence at the sound of his cruel remarks. They were unable to look at the three-life stone on the ground without feeling ashamed. 

A Jin coughed and awkwardly walked towards the imaginary realm behind the bridge, "Let's go, let's go. I think this stone is also used by those in ghosts to deceive mortals. It is of no use to us immortals. Let's go to Zhong Ling Palace to meet the Nether King. It's serious business." 

A Jiu felt relieved when he saw that the two of them had refused to make their wish. He gave a rare response to Gu Jin, and followed him towards the imaginary realm, humming a little tune with his hands behind his back. 

The only one who hesitated for quite a bit of time was A Yin. She moved one step at a time, lingering uncomfortably behind the two of them, her face looking miserable and her mouth flat. When A Yin saw the two of them enter the imaginary realm, she rolled her eyes, clenched her teeth, turned around, and hurriedly bowed to the gray-faced Three Lives Stone before turning around and running away. 

The three of them vanished into darkness. Suddenly, a wave of spiritual power surged out of the empty Nai He Bridge, and the Nether KIng in a green brocade robe appeared on the bridge. With a sarcastic smirk on his lips, this Nether King appears stylish with a brocade crown on his head, gold threads on his sleeves, and warm jade hanging around his waist. He is really pricey and attractive. Simply said, even if he was a ghost, he looked to be a spirit that was close to passing away because of how pale and lifeless his face was. 

He sat hanging at the end of the bridge, his legs swaying slightly. He glanced at the little girl who disappeared in a panic and marveled at her. 

"These days, there are actually immortals who believe in this piece of broken stone. It's so innocent and cute!" The Nether King rubbed his chin thoughtfully and narrowed his eyes, "And it's actually a rare water-condensing beast..."