STARBOY | 47

EVERYBODY STOOD IN SHOCK, NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO

The only sound that could be heard were the whimpers of Choi Miso as she hugged Nishimura Niki's waist, using her body as a shield from the bullet her brother shot.

The pain that was souring through her body was unbearable — so bad, that she almost felt numb to it. The shock of the bullet entering her body had shocked her, and left her stunned as she squeezed Niki's waist tight, her eyes scrunched closed.

It all had happened so fast, and as soon as Miso watched Beomgyu pull the trigger, it was like her body went into protective mode. She had to protect Niki no matter what, and she did that by jumping in front of the boy, hugging his body so that she would receive the hit instead of him.

The young girls legs gave out and she slowly tumbled to the floor, Niki quickly following after her as he held the injured girl in his arms; her sobs of agony echoing throughout the street.

The inside of Miso's body felt like it was on fire as her lips became dry and pale, and her skin started to lose its natural blush, and the clothes she was wearing were turning a deep, crimson shade as they absorbed her blood.

Panic was streaming through Niki's bloodstream as his eyes widened whilst he looked down at the girl, one of his hands on her stomach where the wound was, and his other hand holding her head up. He felt too overwhelmed for tears seep from his eyes, and as he held Miso close, he couldn't help but let his lip quiver.

Beomgyu stared in horror as he slowly began to back away from the scene, too shocked at what he had just done. He shot his kid sister...

Without another thought, the Choi boy dropped the gun from his hand and took off in a sprint away from the group, his heart pounding against his chest as he felt guilt swarm him.

"I'll try and get help." Heeseung informed everyone in a panic tone, before leaving them and going to search for the nearest payphone to call for an ambulance.

Miso's clothes were covered in her blood and her eyes had welled up with tears as she looked up at Niki, who had now let tears slip from his eyes.

"Niki..." She softly called out, a pained gasp following after.

The said boy shook his head, brushing her hair from her face with the hand that wasn't trying to stop the bleeding.

"Don't talk, So... please..."

An agonizing hiccup fell from Miso's parted lips and a cry of excruciating pain was heard loud and clear. Her sobs ached Niki's heart as he felt useless. He couldn't help her.